OCR01810 - Castlevania "Who's That Child?"

djpretzel

Wow, this is one of my favorite rock remixes to date. Very energetic and it's got a bit more diversity than your average guitar mix, which is what makes it stand out so much.

My only problem is that it feels like it's over so fast. It's not really a short remix, but it flies by so fast that I find myself dying for more as soon as it's finished.

Suffice to say I totally rocked out on this one.

I loved the overwhelming energy of this piece, you've managed to do some awesome guitar work without making it eardrum-blow-outingly or headache-inducingly loud or intense. Arrangement is wonderfully done as well.

I'm loving this mix! The intro sounds great and is a smooth lead in to the rest of the song. This particular source song seems to have a lot of mixes, but your mix is fresh enough that it doesn't feel like "the same old same old".

The bell part at 1:38 is excellently done and a nice break in the mix. Of course there's also the synth solo... I am a sucker for some awesome synth and this mix delivers!

To summarize my remarks: Great job!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to make an account just to leave this song a review = p. I've download several OCR songs/albums, but this song has been on my player all night looped. I feel like the headphones won't go as loud as I want them every time the main guitar riff jumps in.

Anywho, great job, I love the overlapping guitars, the background synth, piano/orchestrated interludes, overall just a fantastic package. Also, the whole song never seemed to lose sight of the original inspiration. That's always my biggest gripe with some OCR songs--5mins of random sounds accompanied by a 30sec chorus from the game. On the other hand, this could easily take the place of the original music. In fact, I semi-fear playing the level without this music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Don't be scared, Mr. Sim!

That piano at 1:37 is incredibly sparkly. I don't know how I feel about things that bright and sparkly.

This didn't do much for me (probably just a style thing), but I thought it was done pretty well. The guitar tone is ok and the playing is fine (there's some neat parts that deviate from the original and it sounds like a natural progression rather than something slapped on). The production could be a little better but that's not really a big deal. It works well as kind of a cheesy symphonic rock track, which I think is what it's going for. Not my thing, but not bad by any means.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A really well co-ordinated orchestral/rock/electronica amalgamation. This mix has really exploited all my weaknesses. Searing metal leads, expansive orchestral soundscape at the beginning and a fantastic synth solo. Really enjoyable mix. The enjoyability factor here is high (as is the energy), its just good, rockin' fun. The balance between personal interpretation and original source material is just spot on. There certainly is no excess fat in this arrangement.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This was the first OC ReMix that I ever listened to, so it has a special place in my heart. I really like the more intense take, especially with those sick guitars. The source lends itself well to this 80's style rock, with that smooth bell part interrupting the otherwise head-banging material. Smooth ending part from 3:08 onwards as well. Fantastic mix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01810 - Castlevania "Who's That Child?"
  • 2 years later...