OCR Steam Group (new one!)

Bahamut

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/overclockedremix

Due to a certain someone being a douche and abusing something in the old steam group, we've created one where it is more tightly controlled to avoid such future nuisances.

If you have any announcement you'd like posted up, feel free to PM me about it! (or any of the officers, which I will list later)

Current Officers:

Bahamut

Brushfire2004

DarkeSword

Dhsu

Doulifee

Garian

Nekofrog

Powerlord

Thanks for the invite Powerlord -- also, the convo above is funny as hell, despite the problems it caused. :P

I tried to invite people from the old OCR group list, but it won't let me.

It may be an anti-spam measure, making it so either:

• Only the owner can invite people not on their friends list.
  • Members can't invite people not on your friends list for a certain amount of time after the group is formed.

Wait... can't the person that created the original one just change some settings or something? That way, there would be no need to rejoin, and you could stop people from spamming the message thing.

Or is a Steam group really limited in terms of control?

What Darkesword said, plus only the group owner can change permissions... which makes sense, otherwise the officers could just grant themselves permissions normally restricted to just the owner.

I just sent you a group invite... we'll see if that works.

I got the same error, but when I went back to it I saw that I joined it anyways. Weird, but it still worked out.

EDIT:

Also, I checked the first page of the TF2 thread, but didn't see it there - where is the password for the OCR-only nights? Am I just blind, or do I need it to be PM'd to me? And if so, could someone? Thanks!

I've been getting into TF2 lately, so I'll join in next time I see people online. If you're wondering, I'm the one known as Skaldred, who runs around setting people on fire. I was playing today when that certain someone started spamming the old group, and while the notification popup isn't too obtrusive, it got slightly annoying. Unbelievably childish behavior, really.

I got the same error, but when I went back to it I saw that I joined it anyways. Weird, but it still worked out.

EDIT:

Also, I checked the first page of the TF2 thread, but didn't see it there - where is the password for the OCR-only nights? Am I just blind, or do I need it to be PM'd to me? And if so, could someone? Thanks!

I generally also post it in the thread (haven't done so yet due to the custom map day coming beforehand), but this time it's also in the event description in the steam group (ocrtf2sat if you're wondering)