OverClocked After Dark - The Former Thread of Days of Yore

Brushfire

Can the cast of OCAD help me out with a remix and get credited on the remix as OCAD? I want to do a remix of the opening theme + natols from Zero Wing, and I want to rewrite the opening dialogue for American audiences and have it performed by voice actors.

I was hoping for David Hubbard as Captain, I think there's also a man and woman as part of the ship's crew. And of course, Cats. I'm not sure on the man / woman part, I'll have to check. But please let me know if you guys can help, I'll rewrite the dialogue and pm you the script. :-o

This can probably be arranged.

Use your own good voice! But keep in mind this is going to be SRS BSNS.. err I mean try to act but don't be TOO dramatic, try to be real. I'm going to edit it up like a movie scene, hopefully it will sound real.

That being said, don't get really close to the microphone -- be like 2 feet away, then I can try to make it sound natural to an environment as opposed to up-close vocals..!

Also I'd like you guys to record without the song or anything, this is a true acting piece and having a backing song would distract you from acting. :-D ACTORS!!!!!!

Use your own good voice! But keep in mind this is going to be SRS BSNS.. err I mean try to act but don't be TOO dramatic, try to be real. I'm going to edit it up like a movie scene, hopefully it will sound real.

That being said, don't get really close to the microphone -- be like 2 feet away, then I can try to make it sound natural to an environment as opposed to up-close vocals..!

Also I'd like you guys to record without the song or anything, this is a true acting piece and having a backing song would distract you from acting. :-D ACTORS!!!!!!

You act like I was never in Glee Club or anything.

C'Mon d00d, you know me better than this.

Meh, just means that more random banter is needed to keep this near the top. Which is absolutely fine, as thread derailment in this thread is basically a staple due to the nature of our podcast. In fact, if things were to remain focused, I'd feel as if we had gotten off-topic.

Tonight we record with the Nerdy Show boys, or at least hex, as far as I know. Saturday we record with amazing Maze...dude. We got some treats in-store as well as the inside scoop on why pie crusts are so crunchy. All this and more at News at 11.

Also, Mazedude is dangerously close to having reached the coveted 50+ mixes bar. We have some stuff from him to play on Saturday that will, at least in spirit, push him to that number. I mean, it will in OCAD's books, not in OCR's....yet.

Uhm... just to throw this out there.. you're gonna be talking to a lot of people, maybe you could have them join the cast of the ZeroWing remix as "Screaming Crewman #1", "Screaming Crewman #2", "Dying Man #1", etc. Basically you know how a ship is being attacked right? And most large-scale ships have more than 3 crewmembers on them. It would be cool if you could get some of those nerdy people and maybe even mazedude to play the role of "Frightened Navigator" (or something).

Uhm... just to throw this out there.. you're gonna be talking to a lot of people, maybe you could have them join the cast of the ZeroWing remix as "Screaming Crewman #1", "Screaming Crewman #2", "Dying Man #1", etc. Basically you know how a ship is being attacked right? And most large-scale ships have more than 3 crewmembers on them. It would be cool if you could get some of those nerdy people and maybe even mazedude to play the role of "Frightened Navigator" (or something).

Most ships, like the Enterprise, only have 3 crew members that matter. The rest aren't allowed to speak.

Most ships, like the Enterprise, only have 3 crew members that matter. The rest aren't allowed to speak.

Solution: more redshirts.

Also, now that we have all three sigs, we highly encourage each and every one of you do take one and use it as a sig banner.

Speaking of sigs, are you going to change yours once you shave off that beard? KF

Speaking of sigs, are you going to change yours once you shave off that beard? KF

What do you mean "once you shave off that beard"? I'm keeping this thing for a while. Even if I tried to shave it, it'd be back within a week. Ever seen the movie The Santa Clause? That scene where his beard grows back nearly immediately is a dramatization of my facial hair. Except my hair isn't white. And I'm not a fat Tim Allen. Lunch soon?

why haven't i been on ocad yet you jerks

Who the hell are you?