OCR02022 - Xenogears "Dreamscape"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nutritious can be really surprising when he wants to be. I love his orchestral stuff, but it's great to hear him be able to write in all sort of genres with success. I love the energy of this one, and the live sax is a really nice touch. Sometimes the mix feels a little crowded, but it's not that big of an issue. Nice work!

• 1 month later...

I felt kind of iffy about this track. It's understandable though, this is an amazing debut of a new style of songwriting, so con-freaking-grats on doing this well!

I think the times when it worked the best were when the orchestral section was in the foreground and the electronica was playing more of a supportive role, things felt very dynamic and fluidic, too bad this really only happened towards the end. Still though, this beats the pants off anything I could dream up to do with the track, and for that you get a seal of verification as part of the EarCheck sound diet system.

Yeah, okay. I'll stop trying to be clever.

• 1 month later...

Another Nutritious track in the least reviewed tracks on the site makes me :(

Nutritious needs more love people!

His first Electronic remix on the site huh... I gotta say, the drum work on this one is crazy and fantastic, awesome job. Your fusions of classical and Electronic really works well and gives a rather unique soundscape that I can only describe as epic. Production here isn't flawless - there are some piercing leads in there, like the sax and that opening synth, altho the latter isn't as bad.

Pretty awesome stuff man, I dig it! :D

When I heard Nutritious had a song of his featured on the Gears disc of the Xeno project, I was pretty shocked, cause up til that point I'd only heard straight-orchestral material from him. This a shockingly-well-executed change of pace for him, though I do like how he worked in his usual orchestral style into the breakdown sections of the song. The sax was a real nice touch too ;-)

• 1 year later...

Could've swore I commented on this - maybe it was to Justin directly though.

This is an approach to the source material that I didn't expect, some drum & bass action with a synth guitar paving the way. My only real gripe with the song is that it is too short! I felt like more could have been done with it to make it feel more complete, such as maybe varying the tempo with a marching section before launching into something else. That ending is too unsatisfying for me :( .

The use of the sax in the song was a nice touch to vary things up though. The song as it is is a solid job all around (minus that ending!).

• 4 weeks later...

That electronic opening was pretty damn cool. Lots of action and energy out of this one with it's electronic drum and bass beat, with a sweet breakdown in the middle. Wonderful use of sax as well. It feels like it's short even though it really isn't, but I guess that's just how good it is. Love that synthy guitar.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02022 - Xenogears "Dreamscape"