Game over for VGMix? NOPE

KyleJCrb

Is anyone attempting to compile a database of songs from VGMix? I can't remember if that's been tried before or not. While I know Jake had good intentions with his offer last year to try to release a torrent of all the songs, I guess it just never came to fruition what with his moving and job and all.

I still have quite a few from the old VGMix, but no where near anything substantial.

Is anyone attempting to compile a database of songs from VGMix? I can't remember if that's been tried before or not. While I know Jake had good intentions with his offer last year to try to release a torrent of all the songs, I guess it just never came to fruition what with his moving and job and all.

I still have quite a few from the old VGMix, but no where near anything substantial.

If you want OLD vgmix (version 1) there are a bunch here.

As for version 2, there are probably several people who have most of the songs. It's just a matter of finding them and getting the songs all into one place. Hosting is cheap nowadays, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by herograw

If you want OLD vgmix (version 1) there are a bunch here.

As for version 2, there are probably several people who have most of the songs. It's just a matter of finding them and getting the songs all into one place. Hosting is cheap nowadays, so it shouldn't be an issue.

If anyone wants to host them, I'd be willing to upload what I have from v1 and 2 (mostly 2). Or I could host them myself. Still mulling it over, since I have shared hosting.

Kyle, Herograw, let us talk about this in private, shall we?

Oh, and I checked wikipedia for VGMix the other day. Don't know if anyone else noticed this but there was this little bit of info:

On June 30th, 2010, the VGMix website, along with their forums and personal blog, went offline for an undetermined amount of time. This resulted from a change in hosting plans and will be fixed when virt has time.[citation needed]

This downtime has also caused Dwelling of Duels to go offline as a side effect since DoD was hosted by VGMix.

Darn you, [citation needed], for teasing me about whether or not this is true!

Jake has before indicated that he didn't want unauthorized mirrors popping up, if I'm not mistaken... if something authorized/official is going to happen, I'd like to see it added to the OCR torrent tracker, as that should guarantee some permanence, but I'm not sure anyone should do anything "public" without virt's approval...

Jake has before indicated that he didn't want unauthorized mirrors popping up, if I'm not mistaken... if something authorized/official is going to happen, I'd like to see it added to the OCR torrent tracker, as that should guarantee some permanence, but I'm not sure anyone should do anything "public" without virt's approval...

Duly noted, Dave. And welcome back from your trip.

I think remixers can publish their own remixes if they want in the meantime. The only problem is that many of them aren't around here.

I have a couple of songs as well.

I still have my VGMix 2 songs if I recall. I'd have to dig them out though, since if I do, they're on a disc... somewhere.

My final VGMix 2 song is on my site ("Descent to the End"), and heh, I just saw that you have my Earthworm Jim re-remix from VGMix 2 ("Still Going Down"). Absolutely no one liked that remix... at all :lol:

Seriously, that's like pretty much all of my mixes, so see, it really could be much worse. haha. I honestly can't remember that track of yours, although, when I search online I can't find it anywhere.

http://www.vgmix.ocrmirror.org/vg2/The%20Coop/The_Coop_-_Still_Going_Down(Earthworm_Jim).mp3

Have a free listen... IF YOU DARE!

Since we're on the subject of VGMix and its remixes, does anyone have the FFX-2 mix Under a Full Moon (or know where I can get it)? I know it got remixed and posted over here, but I used to have the original and I really enjoyed it in correlation to the new remix over here.

I gotcha, good buddy.

http://www.danielfloyd.com/music/fullmoon.mp3

Seriously, that's like pretty much all of my mixes, so see, it really could be much worse. haha. I honestly can't remember that track of yours, although, when I search online I can't find it anywhere.

waaaaat I like your stuff

icon_heart.gificon_heart.gificon_heart.gif

Edited by Gollgagh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...