OCR01286 - Metroid Prime "Just a Little More (Prime Edit)"

djpretzel

When this one popped up on vg mix I thought, well, it's DarkeSword, it's can't be bad. And it turned out to be one of my favorite of his pieces. You know, I really didn't care for Shariq's stuff at first, but he's improved a lot over the past year or so and now anything he makes is an automatic d/l for me. The main thing I admire about this song is that it's very disciplined, that's the only way I can think to describe it. Very very good work.

the sound fx cut off rather abruptly at :22... wish they'd tarried a little longer. i like the choir. i love the feel of the piano verses the countermelodies. interesting and enjoyable contrast. i love 2:25 - the synth thingy with the piano counter.

well, i sound like someone in the WIP forum ;)

All in all, great stuff Darkesword.

Haha, this is hella sweet man. I love the bassline. If I made this song I would've changed one of the chords in the melody. But this rocks. I like how you also got the chozo ruins theme in there too.

Hell, this is awesome. I like the whole atmosphere because it feels like the game, just with a less threatenting feel and more of a kick some butt feel.

just finished playing Prime recently and I would have to say I'm impressed with the arrangement of this remix. I think its the best track in the game but the way you timed your elements were relaxing in a way from the actual track. Overall I think this is a great mix from start to finish.

Cool thing Darkesword went for ice ,and not fire !

A remix of Magmoor would perhaps upset the already ruined Chozo ghosts. Phendrana Drifts is IMO a wise decision for the first MP remix 8)

Nice solid bassline, good instruments and has a decent techno feel to it. It delivers sound to the ears that is set for Prime listeners :D

alright... I was shocked to see the remix there at the top of the list as I accessed the site... (First Review for a reason...) When I saw metroid prime, I had to stop my self from drooling. But everything can't be perfect I guess. *waits for the f'yous from people as well as the boos to subside.

I'm not putting down the remix, oh no. Its kick-ass in my opinion, but one thing did bug me. The main beat that plays half way through the song and again at the end... It sounded, odd, and in the end, threw me out of the mood. Everything else was good. But those two parts sounded as if i was rushed back to the earlier years as UFO's came down to earth on an old sci-fi movie.

So again, everything was perfect, but I'm just gonna have to speak my mind about this one little thing. maybe the rest of you don't care or it didn't bother you, but I'm saying it could have been better. In the game, the main theme was awsome... because it matched. With this remix, the main part was totally differen't from the rest of the song, as if it didn't belong.

Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense, but I'm not best with music terms and what not. Again this is my first review... And hell I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think this was a good song.

alright... I was shocked to see the remix there at the top of the list as I accessed the site... (First Review for a reason...) When I saw metroid prime, I had to stop my self from drooling. But everything can't be perfect I guess. *waits for the f'yous from people as well as the boos to subside.

I'm not putting down the remix, oh no. Its kick-ass in my opinion, but one thing did bug me. The main beat that plays half way through the song and again at the end... It sounded, odd, and in the end, threw me out of the mood. Everything else was good. But those two parts sounded as if i was rushed back to the earlier years as UFO's came down to earth on an old sci-fi movie.

So again, everything was perfect, but I'm just gonna have to speak my mind about this one little thing. maybe the rest of you don't care or it didn't bother you, but I'm saying it could have been better. In the game, the main theme was awsome... because it matched. With this remix, the main part was totally differen't from the rest of the song, as if it didn't belong.

Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make sense, but I'm not best with music terms and what not. Again this is my first review... And hell I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think this was a good song.

He's saying he didn't like the Piccolo Pipe analog synth playing the Chozo Ruins theme because it had portamento on it. Never mind the fact that Chozo Ruins uses the exact instrumentation (sans portamento) in the game. ^_^

Normally I only download remixes from games I've played myself, so at first I avoided this one. Then it occured to me that I'd watched my roommate play the majority of Metroid Prime last year and that I'd probably remember the music.

This captures the mood of the game well. If one mark of a successful remix is that it makes you want to go play the game, I'd say this meets it.

When I found out that there was a Metroid Prime mix, I literally wet myself

But... This isn't as good as I thought it would be

Seemed repetive, just nothing that made me go "Wow" (Although has a cool bassline I must say)

But GCN music can't really get much better than it already is

DarkeSword you still did a great job

Btw Does anyone know where to get the original MP song files?

Excellent mix, very well done. Even though the Metroid Prime music is very ambient and atmospheric, it leaves a lot of potential for remixing... and by combining different world themes and adding more structure, that's just what you [Darkesword] did. Still keeps very ambient elements in a faithful tribute to the original game music.

I like how you took the liberty of changing the chord structure underneath the main melody line (the singing voices). Brilliant. :)

Whatever instrument you use starting at 1:55 reminds me of old, 8-bit Megaman games... a little pleasant nostalgia going on there. The bassline is cute and catchy without sounding out-of-place.

The 2:25 transition into the Chozo Ruins theme is what I'm most impressed with, however. When I'd absentmindedly hum Metroid Prime to myself (yes, I do this sometimes, guilty as charged), I find myself mixing the Phendrana and Chozo music unintentionally. It's a very natural and logical transition... nice to hear it so seamlessly incorperated into what really is a first-rate remix. Hope to hear more Prime stuff (or anything, for that matter) you in the future!

Actually, this is the SECOND metroid prime remix.

The first being 'Super Metroid' Norfair Deathmarch, which uses one of the music themes from Magmoor Caverns.

No it's not. Magmoor Caverns doesn't have its own theme. Magmoor Caverns' music is just updated Norfair music.

If I were to remix the Super Mario Bros. theme, that doesn't make it a Smash Bros. remix because it was used in that game. That makes it a Super Mario Bros. remix. :roll:

Get your facts straight.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01286 - Metroid Prime "Just a Little More (Prime Edit)"