OCR01317 - Castlevania II "Cursed Bloodline"

djpretzel

Hail!

A blackish thrash approach is just what this theme needs! Very Haunted/The Crown-esque.

Only complaints: The snare is a little too round-sounding, and I think the tone change for the mellow part takes you out of the song a bit too much. Maybe you should have left the distortion the same, but flipped pickup switch back to the neck for that.

The riffing is robust throughout and a pleasure to listen to. Good work, man.

As a metal fan, (no I dont mean bullshit slipknot etc.) I revel this...

Why must something that becomes popular becomes suddenly bullshit?

Thats the only regard I never liked about metal fans or frustrated musicians that don't do pop.

Yeah! Heavy stuff, I like a lot. Very nice playing, great recording. I don't dig the vocals, altough well done! It's just not my cup of tea.

Great first song on oc-remix.

Excellent work here...for the most part. The 'minor' complaint the judges had regarding the vocals is not so 'minor'. The vocals are ridiculously quiet. Sure, metal puts more focus on the thrashing guitars and what have you, but I've NEVER heard a metal song where the vocals are this low. It just doesn't happen. Can't hardly tell he's there half the time. Sad thing is, it would've taken two seconds to fix it.

This mix came so close to being incredible, but this one little thing is holding it back.

*sigh*

This is extreme! Be prepared to face it or you'll be crushed by the huge walls of sound!

I love every second of it and I'm happy to see this kind of music in OCR. Make more!

That's an nice comment from the man who made "Against The Rest". :wink:

Nice work by Dennis. I'm not a big fan from crazy/metal/voices. But this work, beat the crazy concept. ^ ^

Excellent work here...for the most part. The 'minor' complaint the judges had regarding the vocals is not so 'minor'. The vocals are ridiculously quiet. Sure, metal puts more focus on the thrashing guitars and what have you, but I've NEVER heard a metal song where the vocals are this low. It just doesn't happen. Can't hardly tell he's there half the time. Sad thing is, it would've taken two seconds to fix it.

This mix came so close to being incredible, but this one little thing is holding it back.

*sigh*

You've never listened to early Emperor have you? Their vocals are quietly in the back though still very raspy and shierky.

I downloaded this on VGMix and its very killer. Very reminiscint of At the Gates with a trace of Hypocrisy. It's good to see variety on the site.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01317 - Castlevania II "Cursed Bloodline"