Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

There's no way I'll have anything done at noon tomorrow. I was just going to do it all day today but I had to work 8 hours on only 1 hour of sleep (insomnia I guess) and I don't have the energy whatsoever to work on music. Mind extending it until midnight tomorrow?

I don't see zach72 online, but he PM'd us an apology that he couldn't get a mix together. So it's fair to consider us MIA for this round. So that should account for everyone.

Anyone who wants to offer Zach some feedback on a Mega Man mix should check out his submission in the Exhibition Thread where the GRMRB lives on.

So, basically...not a great week for Energy Tank. Or so it would appear. Just when the competition thinks we're down and out, we refuel (thanks again, Mr. L) and lay down the hurt. Watch out!

I have to admit, I'd never heard Search Man's theme before. I just listened to it. Holy shit... what an incredible theme. Now I'm excited to hear what you have :D:D:D

Gaaah everyone's putting pressure on me to perform! ;_;

This means that everyone will probably hate my mix.

OH WELL at least I got 1 point! :3

Welp, we knew MM2 Wily 1 had to show up at some point. I'm ok with this. Looking forward to seeing which song I'll be remixing next week.

How's the voting going to work? Is it going to be a ranking or just pick one to vote for?
At the end of the round, voters will rank all entries, and placing entries will receive points.

I think I'm going to do it like PRC, where you just vote for one mix, and if you are a contestant, you can't vote for your own team, but if you vote, your team automatically gets a '1st place' vote. This way it doesn't just work out to vote stacking by team.

I still need to decide though. I will post actual voting rules tonight when the mixes go up.

Actually, I think in PRC you vote for three mixes, not one, (scaled by 1st - 3 points, 2nd - 2 points, 3rd - 1 point). This helps diversify what tracks get the spotlight and prevents a situation where one track gets all the votes while other good tracks go into obscurity. And yeah, no voting for yourself, but you get a 1st place vote if you do vote.

That system would work great, in this compo.

Actually, I think in PRC you vote for three mixes, not one, (scaled by 1st - 3 points, 2nd - 2 points, 3rd - 1 point). This helps diversify what tracks get the spotlight and prevents a situation where one track gets all the votes while other good tracks go into obscurity. And yeah, no voting for yourself, but you get a 1st place vote if you do vote.

that's how we did it in FLMC too iirc

it's a good system imho

That system would work great, in this compo.

^this. Plus, voting for a list of at least 3 will lessen the effect we had last compo where you just wished you could vote for both mixers because the songs were awesome. You won't be able to vote for all of them but at least your favorites will get points.

EDIT: Also, epic source. I don't care how many remixes of this song are already out there, it's still one of my all-time favorite vg themes.

Can't wait to hear this weeks mixes! Should be pretty great!

And I approve of the proposed system. Seems like it'll be a good way to rank fairly and make it less dichotomized. Even if you don't WIN a match, if your consistently good and getting 2nd place you've still got a chance at the last round. I like the more gradiated system.