Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

Uh Mavericks. Nice.

I don't think I'll come far, but I can at least try (if I still may enter)

My picks:

1. Magma Dragoon (MMX4)

2. Launch Octopus (MMX)

3. Flame Stag (MMX2)

4. Magna Centipede (MMX2)

5. Bubble Crab (MMX2)

Let me say right now that I LOVE you for picking Magma Dragoon. :D X4 in general needs more love, but it's a source that I had been wanting to interpret for some time, so let's see how things go for you :)

Man, I really do want to participate in this but I have NO clues about X's music. Just the original Mega Mans and that's about it.

I'll download a lot of chipamp stuff tonight and go through them. Hopefully there are some more chillax or minimalistic themes to choose from, those are always fun to mix. : D

Frost Walrus. from X4. Do it.

Man, I really do want to participate in this but I have NO clues about X's music. Just the original Mega Mans and that's about it.

I'll download a lot of chipamp stuff tonight and go through them. Hopefully there are some more chillax or minimalistic themes to choose from, those are always fun to mix. : D

Commander Yammark from X6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYeWo_9v38g

I tried to stay away from the original X game, since it's been way too overremixed... I wanted to try new songs.

X2 and X3 have odd soundtracks, most songs being too guitar based (with some notable exceptions though). X4 was a bit meh, not good or bad. X5 and X6 have interesting soundtracks. I didn't like X7's soundtrack and didn't listen to X8's one.

Hope you don't mind me offering some recommendations. :-)

Note: None of the following Mavericks have been selected as a first choice of anyone... yet.

From Mega Man X:

Chill Penguin

From Mega Man X2:

Hmm, all of the more laid-back, minimal themes are taken here, it appears.

But, if you're curious, I'd recommend Bubble Crab or Crystal Snail from here.

From Mega Man X3:

Neon Tiger

From Mega Man X4:

As per Zerothemaster's recommendation, Frost Walrus is definitely chilled out. 8)

Cyber Peacock is a bit faster paced, but he hasn't been selected yet.

From Mega Man X5:

Dark Necrobat is a possibility here.

From Mega Man X6:

Commander Yammark, as Bahamut recommended.

From Mega Man X7:

Hmm... the most chilled-out song I can hear from here is Wind Crowrang's theme.

From Mega Man X8:

In this game, some Maverick's stages have two themes. First, there's Dark Mantis. Another possibility could be Optic Sunflower.

Finally, it sounds like

could be up your alley.

I'm sure I'm missing some here, but hopefully that list can help a bit. :grin:

EDIT: And I just saw that Bahamut had links to the Mavericks' themes from X to X8 on page 2. Instead, intelligent me went back and forth between a YouTube tab and here and copied links from YouTube itself. *facepalm* Me smart.

@Zerothemaster: Challenge accepted. :P <cue ominous laugh>

Edited by Mr. L