Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

I'd like to change my order, cuz on re-listen, I really don't like blast hornet's theme. :P

1. Infinity Mijinion (X6)

2. Spike Rosered (X5)

3. Storm Eagle (X1)

4. Ice Penguin (X1)

5. Commander Yammark (X6)

(also upon relisten, i forgot just how much kickassery there is in the X series. I want to cover everything ;_;)

If it's an extra 8 you need then you have my sword!

Dark Dizzy (MMX5)

Vanishing Gungaroo (MMX7)

Crush Crawfish (MMX3)

Infnity Mijinion (MMX6)

Izzy Glow (MMX5)

Sorry to be a severe pain in the ass but can I swap out my first choice of Dark Dizzy and replace it with Axel the Red? Just listened to Dark Dizzy again and realised it wasn't as good as I thought it was :-(

Wow, I'm looking at the draft, and depending on how the coin flips go, someone might actually end up getting their FIFTH choice, because their second, third, and fourth are all someone else's first choice.

That's correct. It's the reason I ask for so many choices.

I ran the draft last night and two people did end up getting their 4th choices.

I'm going to run the draft again tonight because some people have posted changes to their picks, and I never did put down a lock-in deadline.

I got Zerothemaster, Metal Man, and Trism's changes in on the sheet.

I want everyone to look over the sheet and check their picks and make sure this is it, because after 9PM EDT tonight, I'm going to be running the draft for real.

Here's a quick overview of how the draft works. When the draft starts, everyone's first choice is their top choice. I go down the list and look for top choices that have conflicts. When top choices conflict, I roll a die to see who gets their top choice (dice are useful when more than two people have the same choice).

Once all of the top choice conflicts are resolved, the people who lost their die rolls get their first choices greyed out, and their second choice becomes their new top choice. I make a second pass through the list, finding conflicts. Note that at this point, it's possible that a choice that didn't have conflicts in the first pass could have conflicts in the second pass, and a choice that won a conflict in the first pass could also have a new conflict in the second pass. Conflicts are again resolved with dice rolls. Losing choices are greyed out, and the process repeats until there are no more conflicts.

Sometimes people will get bumped down to their third or fourth choice; sometimes two people who both picked the same song as their first choice will both lose out to someone who picked it as their third choice; it all depends on the dice, but the draft does ensure that entrants are given a fair shake at getting a choice that's high on their preference list.

Hey Shariq, I don't want to get ahead of ourselves... but after you finish the draft, do you have an idea when the first week of mixing will begin? I imagine you'll need some additional time to figure out the brackets and the artwork/sigs and whatnot. I was just curious because my work schedule in September is getting particularly busy certain weeks, so I may want to change the request I made to you to be in a certain bracket depending on when the first mixing week actually begins. If that's ok. Thanks, I appreciate it!

Hope this doesn't cause any major conflicts, but I know there will be separate brackets, so I just wanted to say that I am pretty much unable to start mixing until after September 1st, because I'm moving to LA on Sunday and driving there, so I won't be settled in until the 31st or 1st. After that, I can manage my time better. I mean, I COULD mix during my stops on the way there, but my entry would be exceptionally bad. So if it's entirely possible, I would really appreciate it if I were in the bracket that begins later.

Hope this doesn't cause any major conflicts, but I know there will be separate brackets, so I just wanted to say that I am pretty much unable to start mixing until after September 1st, because I'm moving to LA on Sunday and driving there, so I won't be settled in until the 31st or 1st. After that, I can manage my time better. I mean, I COULD mix during my stops on the way there, but my entry would be exceptionally bad. So if it's entirely possible, I would really appreciate it if I were in the bracket that begins later.

If the mixing stage for the first bracket starts this Saturday, and you're in the second bracket, you won't get to start mixing until September 1 anyhow, so you should be good as long as you're in the second bracket.

I'm also looking forward to Mr. L vs. Prohpetik - Blizzard Buffalo vs. Blizzard Wolfang.

That sounds interesting! :grin:

Of course, we'd then have a very big Snow Problem. :<

Finally got to use that!

All right, me and my pun that I ripped from DarkeSword's first post are out of here...

Edited by Mr. L