Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Now that I got more info, I think this fianl smash is extremely cool. I looked ok before but I never understood exactly how it worked until now. I can't wait to see what Meta Knight's and C. Falcon's is. I am sure C. Falcon will be in the game. More screens of Kirby's, Link's, and Wario's Final Smash would be cool too.

My opinion on Final Smashes is that they're all good and well if they're all similar to Mario's. That is, it should be possible to dodge them, or at least minimize the amount of damage taken from them. It would be horrible, IMO, if some Final Smashes were targetted on a single character, and were unable to be prevented by the target. I don't want to have to watch helplessly as my opponent beats on me in an overly cinematic fashion, all initiated by the push of a button.

I have a feeling that, if some Final Smashes are targetted, you'll have to push buttons repeatedly, or worse, shake the Wiimote, to escape.

This would be terrible.

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it’s best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen.

Clearly you are able to move around AFTER you get the item but BEFORE you do the move (or at least Mario is). I'd imagine with Link and Kirby, you'd need to physically hunt someone down before you unleash your TERRIBLE FURY- or your, um, cooking pot ^_^

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it’s kind of like a powerful and personalized hammer. (Or maybe not…)

That proves my theory 100%. (Or maybe not...)

and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

HOLY CRAP WHY ON EARTH AM I HAVING MAJOR DE JA VU??! Anyway, it calls it an "item", yet it is not in the "items" category on the site. It almost definately won't appear on the normal "Item Select" screen thing, but rather as a completely separate option. Not that I actually care about tournaments or their rules....

I-I… I want it!

Oh, oh, me too! I'm pretty confident they won't screw it up with any "shake the Wiimote" or "push buttons repeatedly" crap.

stab

stab

stab

stab

stab

stab

stab

stab

stab

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

My opinion on Final Smashes is that they're all good and well if they're all similar to Mario's. That is, it should be possible to dodge them, or at least minimize the amount of damage taken from them. It would be horrible, IMO, if some Final Smashes were targetted on a single character, and were unable to be prevented by the target. I don't want to have to watch helplessly as my opponent beats on me in an overly cinematic fashion, all initiated by the push of a button.

I have a feeling that, if some Final Smashes are targetted, you'll have to push buttons repeatedly, or worse, shake the Wiimote, to escape.

This would be terrible.

Well, since it can only be used once (not sure if that means per match or per item obtained) it'll cost ya one life tops.

Maybe some attacks only do massive damage so that even the slightest knock afterwards will send foes flying off screen.

It would be good if you could defend somehow, but that kind of defeats the purpose of uber moves.

Then again...*fox reflector* n_n

lord only knows we need the same exact damned game just with newer characters and better graphics, right guys

i'm quite pleased theyre actually changing things

Totally agreed.

I interpreted "once" as "once per life". So, say, Suited Samus does the move and turns into Zero Suit, right? When she dies, I'm guessing she'll come back as Suited and be able to do the move again; same story for all the other characters.

The only thing I'm woried that they MIGHT screw up is the appearance of the item. Will it go hidden off-screen for minutes like items in Melee that only CPU players can see? Can it appear under your foot as you land like explosive items in Melee? Will it shine blinding rays of light over the entire map and play a catchy theme song? Do do, do do do, do dah dah dooo - um, nevermind.

uh oh, it looks like Jig- OH NO JIGGLYPUFF DON'T SING, DON- NOO, run! The music notes, they're everywhere! AAAA-

..zzzzzz...

That would be the best move Jigglypuff could possibly have. Of course then they'd need to get rid of her regular singing move, and the resting move too... but those moves both sucked! Everybody wins! =D

[Edit]

screw jigglypuff i want to see Ness pull a psi rockin'

oh holy fuck why did i have to imagine this

"Rockin'"? Well, I suppose it is better than "psi happy". Just think: they could have each Ness player enter the name of the smash move, so it could say it on the screen when you unleash the move. Either that or ness could just say "PK *mumble*" like he does in Melee, and you can pretent it's whatever you want! I still think Ness saying "PK Flash" in Melee sounds exactly like "PK Praust".... I hope he stops saying "PK" too.