Nintendo DS

The Damned

I got FF3 yesterday, and while I'm digging it as a whole, I've got two issues with it. One, the top screen isn't used for anything significant, aside from cinema's and the map. Why no dungeon map thats drawn out as you move, or stats to view during battle? Seems like a huge waste of potential there.

Second, there's no real need for the touch screen. I can do everything with the buttons, and usually faster to boot. Bleh.

They did this as to benefit from both of the DS's processors to make a better, more fluid 3d.

but once you get into the game farther it doesnt really matter to much at all, and dungeon maps are really really not needed. All dungeons only have one way to go, even the so named "maze"

yeah i've been playing FF3 and EBA alot lately. Both are great games, but like somebody mentioned the touch screen is pretty useless in FF3. What's up with the DS being sold out everywhere? My brother randomly wants one now and he's all like "it's soldout, stupid nintendo) Also off topic but while he was looking for Ds's he found 10 ps3's at a gamestop.

yeah i've been playing FF3 and EBA alot lately. Both are great games, but like somebody mentioned the touch screen is pretty useless in FF3. What's up with the DS being sold out everywhere? My brother randomly wants one now and he's all like "it's soldout, stupid nintendo) Also off topic but while he was looking for Ds's he found 10 ps3's at a gamestop.

Yeah, I was at EB the other day, and some lady walks in and goes "hey do you have one of them Game Station 4 things?" She ended up buying 2 ps3's- one for each nephew.icon_surprised.gif

And Agent Chieftain looks kinda like Chuck Norris.

What's up with the DS being sold out everywhere? My brother randomly wants one now and he's all like "it's soldout, stupid nintendo)

I have no idea. I guess it's just a hot item because of it's appeal to both adults and kids. The older gamers are probably just getting into it because of all of the brain games. But then again, I only got a DS lite a month or two ago.. but I'm generally slow on the whole gaming thing. Anyway, even at Nintedo World (at the meetup) I remember someone trying to buy a DS lite and they said they were sold out there too. Maybe it's just better to stick with something more established than new for now anyway...

Well, the DS is getting it's share of unusual games with tons of charisma. Elite Beat Agents and Phoenix Wright come to mind, along with the upcoming Square game It's a Wonderful Life. And now this, Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It's noir-like mystery game and, pretty much all the info on it is in the quote below. It seems to be coming out on the 22nd in the US. Is this a "more serious Phoenix Wright" endeavour, poised for sucess? Or something not as spectacular, like Trace Memory? Who knows, but here's a japanese trailer and damn does it look good.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/awij/player.html?mv=movie_3d&width=626&height=430

Article source: Nintendo Power

Part hard-boiled detective story and part intriguing mystery, Hotel Dusk is an atmospheric yarn that takes place over the course of one night—December 28, 1979.

Category: Adventure

Players: 1 player

Release Date: Jan 22, 2007

Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: CING INC.

Kyle Hyde, a disgraced New York detective turned salesman, arrives at a run-down Los Angeles inn called Hotel Dusk. Once there, Kyle soon becomes involved in a 30-year-old mystery that involves lies, betrayal, kidnapping, and murder. And over the course of the night, he will also discover something very special about Room 215… a room that is said to grant wishes.

But who is Kyle Hyde? Why is he haunted by his past? And what happened in Room 215? Only by taking stylus in hand and navigating through the story's twists and turns can you learn the answers.

Features

* Players hold their Nintendo DS like a book and use the touch screen to grill characters, search for clues and solve mystifying puzzles.

* Simple point-and-click touch screen navigation players of any skill level can play.

* Innovative sketch animation character design, film noir camera angles, and dynamic lighting.

Hotel Dusk uses branching storylines to tell its tale, giving you many options for how to speak to people. Should you strong-arm the little girl in the hallway? Make nice to the hotel maid? Pretend to be interested in the manager's rambling stories? It's all up to you, but choose wisely. One false step could get you thrown out of the hotel and forever seal the mystery of what happened on that dark Christmas Eve so many years ago...

Bottom Line

Hotel Dusk is a thinking person’s DS title. With its refreshingly unique design and intriguing gameplay, Hotel Dusk is a must-have for mystery lovers and anyone looking for something different for their DS library. You’ll want to check into Hotel Dusk again and again.

I liked trace memory.

How? It was short, the storyline was straightforward, the puzzles were easy, the music wasn't that good and the environments weren't really that well made. And the main character was annoying.

>:[

This is why I'm liking Hotel Dusk, even though it's made by the same guys, it seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Well, the DS is getting it's share of unusual games with tons of charisma. Elite Beat Agents and Phoenix Wright come to mind, along with the upcoming Square game It's a Wonderful Life. And now this, Hotel Dusk: Room 215. It's noir-like mystery game and, pretty much all the info on it is in the quote below. It seems to be coming out on the 22nd in the US. Is this a "more serious Phoenix Wright" endeavour, poised for sucess? Or something not as spectacular, like Trace Memory? Who knows, but here's a japanese trailer and damn does it look good.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/awij/player.html?mv=movie_3d&width=626&height=430

Yeah... I really want Hotel Dusk. The game just looks awesome. I want to try Trace Memory, but whatever.

Is the Toys R' Us year end sale still going? I want some 10 dollar DS games.

Finally beat Jumpin' Jack Flash. Agent Cheiftain is spooky.

I would very much like a sequel to EBA.

So you just got Chieftain? I like his song stages more than J's because there's a lot more to do. Of course this makes some of them really hard, like Jumpin' Jack Flask and Without a Fight for example.