Sign in to follow this  
Phrygian_Gamer

Question about Submission Frequency

First and foremost, if this has been answered somewhere else and I haven't found it, sorry for the irrelevant question.

On the Submission Standards and Instructions page (http://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions) point 2 under the "Instructions" Section states:

"Wait three weeks between submissions. Submissions received more frequently than this will not be evaluated."

Does this specifically include re-submissions or new submissions?

For example, is this to stop people from flooding the submissions inbox with multiple copies of the same remix? Or is it to stop individuals who might have a back-catalog of remixes from flooding the inbox? Or both?

Again, if this is answered somewhere else please let me know, I'm still really new to the site and want to be sure I don't start treading on toes.

Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's a recommendation to stop people from flooding the inbox like you thought. Believe it or not, there *are* a whole bunch of ReMixes getting submitted, and more than people looking in from the outside may think. The back catalog is huge. There's at least half a year's worth of submissions not evaluated yet. Liontamer talked about this on one of the OCR Talkbacks (whichever one that was).

If people have resubs, I believe they should still leave time between submissions out of etiquette.

Edited by timaeus222

Going by experience, I believe that resubs don't count in regards to the waiting period - usually they can be fast-tracked on a by-track basis, which would explain that the to be judged queue has some fast-tracked resubs long after the date the panel has reached to begin with.

I hope that (kind of) helps, though I'm open to be corrected.

So what you're saying is that in the case of someone resubmitting something that was initially denied, the judges can expedite the process on a case-by-case basis, but the 3 week waiting period between submissions of original/new remixes is more courtesy to try and keep the flow of judged remixes consistent?

And yeah, I remember that episode of the talkback where Liontamer was discussing how many remixes the judges had to process. I thought that was something to do with when the remixes were posted, not necessarily when they were approved or turned down.

Either way, thanks for getting back to me so quickly guys, I really appreciate it!