Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Double-post b/c two different issues.

What happened to the remixer quick-search on the sidebar? I used that a lot. Would you please bring it back?

Double-post b/c two different issues.

What happened to the remixer quick-search on the sidebar? I used that a lot. Would you please bring it back?

If you read the latest topic in Announcements on the front-page you'd realize what the fuss was about. Remixer AND composer (didn't complain about that though :D) are now artist since we have composer/remixers and it will be an easier way to search the entire database and make changes. Go go go!

You clever dicks... hiding it on the front page......

...though I only ever look at the latest remixes section, but I believe my crow is ready to come out of the oven so please excuse me...

The edit page needs some fixin':

ocreditbug.png

Dunno why it wants to break up the thread hierarchy list thing there, doesn't do that on _this_ page. Same browser, window size, etc. Only difference is that this is posting on a thread, that's editing the first post on the thread (and of course which thread it is).

The torrent tab looks odd.

http://www.ocremix.org/torrents/

The speed doesn't look too great either, at least for most of these. And when is the 1000-1800 torrent launched?

EDIT: I noticed the "lyrics" tab on remix pages doesn't have the grey border around it.

Edited by Dafydd

Gracias for fixing the ReMixer links and labels in the Reviews and Judges Decisions forums. I'm just noting that sigs have regained visibility in the process, in case you still want them invisible there. (Doesn't bother me personally, just sayin'.)

Also, I can't believe I missed this yesterday, but the review thread for Otanjoubi Cid says FFVI (6) instead of FFVII (7).

The recently posted list has the Castlevania III mix in it which takes up a lot of rows due to the large number of remixers which have long names and the song name which is also pretty long. It's too close to the remix below it, it doesn't look good. The list should space the entries out more if this happens again.

I know I mentioned this somewhere else. It's old. As is the issue with the mascots not being clickable.

Not anymore :tomatoface:

Gracias for fixing the ReMixer links and labels in the Reviews and Judges Decisions forums. I'm just noting that sigs have regained visibility in the process, in case you still want them invisible there. (Doesn't bother me personally, just sayin'.)

Also, I can't believe I missed this yesterday, but the review thread for Otanjoubi Cid says FFVI (6) instead of FFVII (7).

Yeah I basically killed the alt template... I'm thinking we'll keep the review threads w/ sigs intact since we're working on a different way of highlighting comments on mix pages themselves...

The torrent tab looks odd.

http://www.ocremix.org/torrents/

The speed doesn't look too great either, at least for most of these. And when is the 1000-1800 torrent launched?

EDIT: I noticed the "lyrics" tab on remix pages doesn't have the grey border around it.

Damn, kicking my ass, aren't you? I plan to visually overhaul the torrents but at the moment the db is corrupt again and obtaining a means of repairing it is key...

The recently posted list has the Castlevania III mix in it which takes up a lot of rows due to the large number of remixers which have long names and the song name which is also pretty long. It's too close to the remix below it, it doesn't look good. The list should space the entries out more if this happens again.

I messed around with this... tried variable heights, for instance... problem is that when they're floated left and listed multi-column, variable heights break the columns up in very ugly ways. There may be other options...

The main page for Sagat's Moonbike says it was evaluated by the judges, linking to the 1001-1250 Lockdown Decision thread.

Great catch, there. It was because of how the lockdown thread was named, since the link up used to key off thread title (and still may)... I've renamed the thread to prevent future issues and removed the thread id from the mix entry.

Not anymore :tomatoface:

Yeah, dude! YEAH!!!

Damn, kicking my ass, aren't you?

Just trying to help. This is, unfortunately, the only way I know how to do it. Would you like me to aim for your shins next time?

http://www.ocremix.org/album/13/summoning-of-spirits-an-arrangement-of-music-from-tales-of-phantasia-and-tales-of-symphonia <-- TheDeath is missing from that page, I assume because he wasn't added to the database until after this page was created.

http://www.ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-official-soundtrack <-- Jivemaster is missing from that page. No excuse for that one. :tomatoface:

http://www.ocremix.org/album/13/summoning-of-spirits-an-arrangement-of-music-from-tales-of-phantasia-and-tales-of-symphonia <-- TheDeath is missing from that page, I assume because he wasn't added to the database until after this page was created.

http://www.ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-official-soundtrack <-- Jivemaster is missing from that page. No excuse for that one. :tomatoface:

Already added after you mentioned it to me earlier. DB needs to be synced up to reflect the updates.

Already added after you mentioned it to me earlier. DB needs to be synced up to reflect the updates.

Didn't mention TheDeath discrepancy earlier though, so I just dropped 'em both in here, just in case.

Here's a thought...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, or not, but would it be possible to have the name of the "mascot" show up on mouse-over?

Just a thought from someone who may not have time/patience to read a whole bio on the character but is still curious to what their name is.

this is a trivial thing but any chance of bringing sort functionality back to the artists section? would be nice to be able to sort by country, # of mixes, etc.

would it be possible to have the name of the "mascot" show up on mouse-over?

I'm not opposed to the idea. Still,

Just a thought from someone who may not have time/patience to read a whole bio on the character but is still curious to what their name is.

I think people will still click a mascot they don't know even if their name shows up on mouse-over.

"LocoRoco? WTF?" *click*

It's your call if you don't wanna click 'em. But we did our best to keep them knowledgeable, succinct, and reader-friendly.

I agree it would be a useful feature, actually. Same with the avatars, "Polo's Avatar" is not very helpful. But with the avatars, you can right-click and check the url for the image. Of course, clicking a mascot to find out its name is a lot easier than that... and if you don't want to read the whole bio, you don't have to. The character's name is spelled out for you, both in the article, in the address bar and the browser tab and main window headers.

EDIT: Ok, not in the address bar, apparently.

Edited by Dafydd

Okay, I now see that the name is at the top of the screen and on the tab.

However, Someone with a slow internet connection might not want to open a new tab or otherwise navagate to another page because of the whole slow-ass internet or slow-ass computer issues. And, assuming someone doesn't read this thread, they might not notice the name at the top of the screen (like me) and think they have to read the first part of the bio to find a name.

I understand that even if the name would appear on mouse-over, people would be just as or more curious about the character anyway, but if someone only wants the name, why not?

I agree it would be pretty nifty. I don't make the calls however, we'll have to wait and see what djp says. Or one of his representatives.

Here's a thought...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, or not, but would it be possible to have the name of the "mascot" show up on mouse-over?

No objections in the abstract, but it'd be a pain to code... right now it's just a simple javascript that randomizes the number, renders the link & image, and that's it. To pull back the character name, it'd need to be Ajax'd or hooked up to a database or both, and that's a major change that - based on other priorities - probably isn't gonna happen in this decade... Also might be performance problems associated, so imo we basically need to table this idea.

this is a trivial thing but any chance of bringing sort functionality back to the artists section? would be nice to be able to sort by country, # of mixes, etc.

I'm not sure about # of mixes, but at the VERY least I want to filter on role, so I can see mixers only, composers only, etc. Some form of filtering, sorting, or both is definitely on my todo list.

On every Organization page, clicking "view all" (remixes) results in a 404 error.

Believe I've fixed this, might still be cached wrong in some places. We just changed the URL structure for organizations, and these types of changes tend to break links. In general the site is in a state of change, but I definitely appreciate the QA.

Assume you're referring to the banner ad? If not, I need a screenshot, as the rest of the page looks normal in IE, but the banner ad is indeed jacked up. Need to get a different one or something, but the overall album page layout sucks in general, and needs to be heavily revised.