Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Things look good in IE 7 for the most part, but on a few of the pages, there are some interesting glitches.

http://personalpages.warnerpacific.edu/kkeyn/photos/Error.jpg (1280x1024)

Yeah, these are what required the display:inline-block to fix, which was fine with ff2 but caused ff3/safari to barf. Fix one thing, break another... Still looking for a fix for IE7, for these pages.

I found a vBulletin bug - after page 75, you cannot access pages after that. This has occurred with the TF2 thread.

Edit: Hmm weird - I can now view that page now that I locked the thread.

Edit #2: Perhaps it's because Shariq posted after me. Maybe it only affects the first post in a high # page thread?

When browsing games that begin with 'T', all game titles which begin with "The" are listed before games which begin with 'Ta.' Not only that, but said games are appearing under two different ordering systems: Both in the 'T' section (which counts "The" as the first word) and in the section determined by the second word (like pretty much every title organization systems). I'm not sure whether this was intentional, but personally I would like to see "The" moved to the end of the title to avoid confusion and duplicate links.

I just received the following error from http://www.ocremix.org:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getforumdatabaseconnection() in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 231

I didn't know where else to put it. What's going on? Site update?

I just received the following error from http://www.ocremix.org:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getforumdatabaseconnection() in /home/ocremix/public_html/includes/config.php on line 231

I didn't know where else to put it. What's going on? Site update?

Fixed. Yeah, we need a dedicated forum for site issues/feedback imo. Working on it!

A forum sounds great. I have another question (in addition to the one above which hasn't been answered yet):

The Harmonix games Frequency and Amplitude (its sequel) contain a number of tracks written specifically for the game (full list here and here). Are they fair game for remixes, and if not, why not?

A forum sounds great. I have another question (in addition to the one above which hasn't been answered yet):

The Harmonix games Frequency and Amplitude (its sequel) contain a number of tracks written specifically for the game (full list here and here). Are they fair game for remixes, and if not, why not?

They are.

The current version of ChipAmp contains a version of NEZplug that is incompatible with the newest version of WinAmp. The new version of NEZplug (called NEZplug++) can be found here. The ChipAmp package should be updated to include this new version. The paragraph you're reading contains only sentences beginning with the word "the".

Figured I'd be better off posting this here rather than e-mailing DJP about it. Sorry if that's not the case.

It seems last.fm only allows 30 second clips of the latest mixes. Should it do that? If so, I don't like it D:

Neither do I; some other users complained on their forums, not sure what's being done, if anything. Out of my control.

Neither do I; some other users complained on their forums, not sure what's being done, if anything. Out of my control.

Fair enough, thanks for the quick answer Dave

i'm not too clear if this could work out - but this new streaming site imeem.com offers high quality streaming. no 30 seconds cut yet.

but clicking on the dl tab to listen is just as easy - so its no big deal.

but clicking on the dl tab to listen is just as easy - so its no big deal.

I'm under the impression that the last.fm preview is at a lower bitrate and therefore doesn't take as much bandwidth as someone downloading the mix every time they want to listen to it. It's the same reason everyone is encouraged to use the torrents for old material -- bandwidth costs money, which will always be a finite resource...

Until some millionaire decides to give djp massive permanent funding for the site, anyway. :P

Not a big fan of the dates now being below the title and author on the main page. I would prefer it being on top of it like it was before, so I can tell what remix(es) were posted after my last visit to the site.

Not a big fan of the dates now being below the title and author on the main page. I would prefer it being on top of it like it was before, so I can tell what remix(es) were posted after my last visit to the site.

I agree, but for a different reason. Having the date to the left of the artist (ie: "2008-09-15 by analoq, Hemophiliac") just looks awkward to me.

Though I should point out I like the new 'Latest Albums' section in the corner.

I don't pay attention to the front page, but the improvements on it are great. Latest albums on there - great idea, beautiful implementation.

What's not an improvement is the dark grey, which works well when it's just in between white boxes, but not so much under the ad and the "previously on overclocked remix" box. "The latest remixes" box extend the grey box without anything filling up the grey to its left. Making the "latest remixes" box (and the number of latest remixes in it) grow and shrink with the other boxes. perhaps it's easier to do so with the "previously on overclocked remix" box. But then there's the screen resolution problem too.

Anyway, albums box - awesome.

Remixes box - I suggest putting the date under the remixer. The date is the least important bit. If you frequent the site, you'll recognize the ones you don't have as just that. If you don't frequent the site, you don't know which one(s) you want but the date a remix was added won't really make much of a difference. Making the name of the remix - the link to it - bigger, as it would make navigation a bit easier. Otherwise, you might click the game's link, and it doesn't take you to a complete list of the remixes of it.

So yeah, both site and forums are broken in Firefox for me now. Won't load up any threads, and the front page looks like this:

messedupkn2.th.jpg

It looks fine in IE and Chrome, and every other site works fine in Firefox.

Edit: Guess it's fixed or something.

i was wondering if the music on the site could also be categorized by style and genre. it would be so much easier searching for rock, trance, classical etc. music on the site. especially since some games have not been played by some people.