Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

Also, FFX's Lady Yunalesca is tuff.

I'm going on a leveling binge so I can get Ultima and actually do some damage.

I can't tell you how many tries it took to beat her...then I found out that using Bahamut in the third phase nearly guarantees victory...

She was actually one of the easier bosses I fought on my NO SPHERE GRID GAME. ^_^

Lately bosses haven't been tough for me, but I will consider the DEMON CHESS BOARD near the end of Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die Mode a ridiculously hard "boss".

Edit:

...and that stage in Omega Boost that kills my character as it flies backwards down a tunnel...

FYI, Stage 5 is the fucking win good sir, and not just because of the kickin' soundtrack.

The whole game is too easy but I gladly replay it every so often due to the killer soundtrack. Omega Boost ftw.

Hmm, in my opinion the hardest boss I have ever seen is either Kolvar or The Elite Guard.

Both creatures from the game Myth of Soma, they were so hard that it took about 10 or more people at level 80+ to fight them.

lol, I miss playing that game but the private servers are so boring and the original is dead...

I say, Juggernaut from Spiderman and X-Men on SNES. You could not dodge his attacks.

I kicked Mike Tyson's ass but I couldn't beat Mr. Dream...(go figure?) They are the same, I know, I don't get it either.

The last boss of Chrono Trigger was pretty difficult (especially when you fight him with only Crono and Marle for that one funny ending)

Cluex from Super Mario RPG was pretty tough, once you take out the crystals, you are in business.

Chrono Cross- It's a tie between Ozzie/Slash/Flea, Omnidragon, Miguel, and Dario. Numbers 1, 2, and 4 were supposed to be hard, the only reason I say Miguel is because there is a little man wearing a hat who is challenging you to a fight. So I was caught offgaurd. Occasionally he'd try to punch me and stuff, so I didn't heal. Big Mistake. As I reach for my Pepsi, I see Miguel shooting his fist in the air as the message-HolyDragnSword-appears on my screen. Lynx=dead.

Please, someone tell me you played Chrono Cross on new game + and tried to kill Serge, Kid, and whoever else was in your party when you first turn into Lynx. I did it on new game +. I was so pissed, I killed all three (the third in my case was Glenn). I walked over to Kid, and all she does is stab you.....same outcome.....no extra experience....no cool elements.....nothing.....

Kindom Hearts- the Second to last Ansem was pretty difficult, just cause he flew around the stage. It's the one after you fight Darkside for the 42nd time. Even harder in the same game, Dark Riku after you kill Maleficent when you first discover that Riku is Ansem.

Chain of Memories- Again, Dark Riku

KH2- Xigbar was pretty difficult (the guy with the ridiculous side-burns that you fight at Beast's castle.)

Pikmin 2- every machine you encounter (usually the shoot you with gatling guns or launch bombs at you in an incredible rate making it impossible to get back up.)

Megaman (all of them)- usually the last stage is insane. Fight all the bosses while the are hopped up on roids, crack, and spinach. Then fight Wily with 24 forms. As for the X games, same deal, except with Sigma.

KH2- Xigbar was pretty difficult (the guy with the ridiculous side-burns that you fight at Beast's castle.)

That's Xaldin.

Coop - So you have already been to the Dark Ruins then? Just trying to find your way in now?

Diracy]About killing the Weapons in FFVII here is a video in japanese that will make scream why didnt i think of that before?

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%201.18%20min).rmvb

sorry if its been posted before... :)

Could you give an explanation to that? It's been a long time since I've played and I can't quite figure out everything that happened by looks.

Diracy]About killing the Weapons in FFVII here is a video in japanese that will make scream why didnt i think of that before?

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%201.18%20min).rmvb

sorry if its been posted before... :)

Could you give an explanation to that? It's been a long time since I've played and I can't quite figure out everything that happened by looks.

Yea what is going on??? :o

Give Barret nothing but maxed out counter-mime materia for both weapon and armor. Go into the fight with his limit break all the way up. I think cloud gives him hero potions, but im not exactly sure, its been a while. Basically, He uses Ungarmax, and then Emerald WEAPON attacks him, and then the eight Counter/Mimes kick in.

Rawr. I'm not going to read One Hundred Seventy pages of post, but I must give props to Velius the Devil from Final Fantasy Tactics.

After him, the rest of the game before and after seems cake.

Go go Velius.

Sephiroth is cake, CAKE.

He's like every SNES action game, except when he's gonna do his ultimate 1-hp move Sin Harvest, you can stop it, or recover instantly.

Other than that, like I previously mentioned, he's predictable as hell.

Ars Arcanum, slash like crazy, Ars Arcanum, slash like crazy, stop Sin Harvest...repeat.

Mysterio from Spiderman 2 (the movie game)

Anyone who played it will appreiciate the joke.

But seriously, any boss from Ultimate Spiderman is stupid hard. Not because of they are complex, but because the fighting system is so flawed that it makes beating any portion of the game completeabble only by luck.

fricking Sephiroth from Kindom Hearts 1 and 2, that man is a fucking menace!

(double post, go me)

Sephiroth wasn't really difficult in either game. Just level up and watch his patterns.

Coop - So you have already been to the Dark Ruins then? Just trying to find your way in now?

And a long overdue response...

I'm currently about to go to the Dark Ruins. I haven't played the game since I made that post you asked about, but I'm hoping to get in a few hours this evening. Still contemplating going up another level before I encounter new territory and the monsters there-in.

Mysterio from Spiderman 2 (the movie game)

Anyone who played it will appreiciate the joke.

But seriously, any boss from Ultimate Spiderman is stupid hard. Not because of they are complex, but because the fighting system is so flawed that it makes beating any portion of the game completeabble only by luck.

The saucer jumping was kinda hard :P

Okay, after an argument involving me and a friend I will ask you "What dictates a boss/boss battle?" For example, in Ultimate Spiderman when you are chasing people, is this still a part of the boss battle? Or in RE4 when you run through the cages, that you have to make drop, is this a boss battle?

Okay, after an argument involving me and a friend I will ask you "What dictates a boss/boss battle?" For example, in Ultimate Spiderman when you are chasing people, is this still a part of the boss battle? Or in RE4 when you run through the cages, that you have to make drop, is this a boss battle?

Videogame Boss

In video games, a boss (sometimes called a guardian or master) is a particularly large or challenging computer-controlled character that must be defeated at the end of a segment of a game, whether it be for a level, an episode, or the very end of the game itself (final boss).

for the games i've played, i have to give it to Target Earth/Assault Suits Leynos for sega genesis. That game was ridiculously hard even without the bosses, but you have to fight them as youre beign attacked fom all sides by multiple enemies. i still cant get past the 4th level and ive been playing it for about 12 years...

for the games i've played, i have to give it to Target Earth/Assault Suits Leynos for sega genesis. That game was ridiculously hard even without the bosses, but you have to fight them as youre beign attacked fom all sides by multiple enemies. i still cant get past the 4th level and ive been playing it for about 12 years...

that's because you suck, not because the game is difficult.

Pretty much every battle inside the Cave of Darkness in FF3 is hard as diamond-adamantite, THEY JUST KEEP REPRODUCING. Yeah I know you're supposed to not hit them physically, but all my mp will disappear before i reach the boss. Right now I'm trying to train myself in Bahamut's Cave to around level 40ish so that I'll be able to defeat them with one punch/slice/poke.

"What dictates a boss/boss battle?"

The music usually change into a something more darkish theme.

What about those bosses that instant-kill you without any recourse when you walk in the room? And does the party-composition or character-design matter? For instance, fighting Irenicus without releasing the lunatics is impossible. But I remember watching my brother fight mimic-Lavos when he forgot to bring lightning magic (took an eternity to kill the Nizbel mode).

The second last (i think.... the one thats like the first one) collosus from you know where. I'm not gonna tell you where his final weakspot is, partly cause it'll spoil it, but mostly cause its crazy. Anyone whos played that game will agree that first time around, hes a bitch.

Other hard boss i've played would be... If we're talking about the disc two appearance, that book in alexandria castle during the rescue dagger sequence in FFIX. He's ridiculously strong and it takes ages to figure out how he works if you dont have a guide, and even then he out stats you crazily. Of course the next time you can fight him on disc three he's beans.