Sign in to follow this  
The Coop

All Time Hardest Boss

Exactly. You need to go overboard to beat those fuckers. I think this was Square trying to cater to the "OMG I'm level 50 by the end of the first disc!" crowd. And a few monsters, fine. But AN ENTIRE COLISEUM'S WORTH?!

Considering I had to figure out how to work as many attacks in as possible other wise I'd still get 1 hit Ko'd. I can't repeat that run through and I never want to again.

I remember Ice Titan from Kingdom Hearts being really freakin hard, since most of the fight consisted of reflecting back the icicles he shoots at you to take off tiny fractions of his health with each one. Took me countless tries...and if I recall correctly Sephiroth only took me 2 tries (er, on second thought I'm probably thinking of KH2; Sephiroth couldn't have been that easy in KH). That last Riku fight was also really tough. Too many times he killed me in the middle of a frantic heal. Still one of my favorite boss fights ever though.

It's too bad KH2 couldn't rival the KH bosses. Fuckin' reaction commands ruining everything.

I remember Ice Titan from Kingdom Hearts being really freakin hard, since most of the fight consisted of reflecting back the icicles he shoots at you to take off tiny fractions of his health with each one.

I remember Ice Titan as a really stressful boss; constant attacks in one form or the other. Pausing the game would be an option, but then you'd probably lose the rhythm for a moment.

polygowned.jpg

I remember the Ice Titan as being just hard enough to require all my focus but not so hard that I ever threw the controller away in frustration. In short, a perfect optional boss.

I remember Ice Titan from Kingdom Hearts being really freakin hard, since most of the fight consisted of reflecting back the icicles he shoots at you to take off tiny fractions of his health with each one. Took me countless tries...and if I recall correctly Sephiroth only took me 2 tries (er, on second thought I'm probably thinking of KH2; Sephiroth couldn't have been that easy in KH). That last Riku fight was also really tough. Too many times he killed me in the middle of a frantic heal. Still one of my favorite boss fights ever though.

It's too bad KH2 couldn't rival the KH bosses. Fuckin' reaction commands ruining everything.

Ice Titan took me a while I had to go off and level and come back. I couldn't beat Seph on KH, but KH2 I raped him in under thirty secs. Trinity limit, berserk rage rise and repeat.

Not just the bosses, but the game in general. I Wanna Be The Guy.

I get frustrated just watching the videos on YouTube.

Fully seconded. I Wanna Be The Guy is a very definition of "really frigging stupid hard." Also, Asshole Mario, which can be found on YouTube. I don't know the proper Japanese name for the edit, but that whole game's probably comparable to I Wanna Be The Guy in difficulty if you factor in the Star Road. (And depending your skill at Super Mario World, it may be harder.)

But, off topic for a second, I loved the Dracula fight in IWBTG. Particularly the intro to it because it's just... *funny.*

I had trouble with Vaati's final form in Zelda: The Minish Caps also. BTW, I need to play that game again.

I'm playing that game right now,

the last fight is hard you say?

I'm playing that game right now,

the last fight is hard you say?

Yeah. He is pretty tough. It took me about 10 tries to beat him, and I was left with a few hearts. be sure to visit the fairy ladies before you fight him though.

my girlfriend played final fantasy 7 and she didnt get the hades materia and a lot of other weapons and stuff . then she made me try to beat ruby weapon. now that sux!

I would say Rez from Gex: Enter the Gecko, but I actually beat that one, so the final boss in the first Rayman. I couldn't even get pass the third stage out of about six.

He isn't that hard. It's just the rigmarole of getting to him that's...an annoyance, to say the least.

This may have been stated already, but Mizar from Jet Force Gemini was very difficult. That having been said, I'd love a Virtual Console release of the game so I can play it again (I know it probably won't happen), but I was actually stuck at Mizar for a good week or so before I finally finished the game.

Yeah. He is pretty tough. It took me about 10 tries to beat him, and I was left with a few hearts. be sure to visit the fairy ladies before you fight him though.

Beat him my second try. =D

This may have been stated already, but Mizar from Jet Force Gemini was very difficult. That having been said, I'd love a Virtual Console release of the game so I can play it again (I know it probably won't happen), but I was actually stuck at Mizar for a good week or so before I finally finished the game.

Yeah, Mizar was a bitch and a half. The stupid lightning claw attack of his would just tear you to shreds if you weren't careful. Who knew such a nefarious villain liked playing jump rope?

But he was fun, at least. Hard, but a genuinely fun fight.