OCR00296 - Chrono Cross "Radical Punks"

m68030

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite song in Chrono Cross, and you do this to it...

Actually, it's not that bad. It's just that I'm a huge fan of Radical Dreamers and not a fan of punk. I guess Ailsean's remix sounds okay, but there's other stuff out there that I like better.

On the plus side, the guitar sounds good and generally sticks to the melody. The melody was supposed to be a little too gentle for the edgy sound of punk rock, but Ailsean managed to give even that melody an edge rather well. The drums, to my surprise, actually fit the music, which is another thing that, in my oppinion, should not have worked with this melody.

I don't like the style of the remix, but at the same time, I can't say a thing negative about the quality. In fact, I almost have to congratulate Ailsean for his brilliant work in successfully turning a soft, beautiful song into something like this. I suppose I'd recommend it to a punk fan, but that's about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG. Another _GREAT_ work of art. It's so radically (haha) different from all of the other Remixes here, but that's what makes it kick that much more ass. If only I knew a drummer, this would be one of the first songs I would attempt to cover - with your permission of course ;] - and I'm afraid that the best I could hope for wouldn't be 1/8th as awesome as this. Phenomenal.

• 3 months later...

I have yet to hear a ReMix from Ailsean that doesn't shout "QUALITY". As a guitarist, this mix shouts out to me from afar. Ailsean definitely knows what he's doing. First off, this isn't some generic-punk mix, the guitar playing is definitely top-notch. The timing and tone of the guitar is perfect, and has a good control to it that makes this song build up on itself as it progresses. At any rate, GREAT ReMix, GREAT ReMixer, GREAT guitarist (that is, i'm assuming that he is the guitarist behind all this, i do hope that i'm correct >_<) anyway, awesome work here.

• 3 weeks later...

The following was written while recovering from my bout of head-banging-induced whiplash following repeat listenings to this song:

I'm convinced.

There is no music Ailsean cannot take and make into an absolute EXPERIENCE! "Radical Dreamers," the sweet but (sadly) untranslated song at the end of Chrono Cross, gave me goosebumps on my first listen. This ReMix, though wildly different in sound and mood, manages to accomplish the exact same feeling, and what's more, it manages to give the song even more of an uplifting "happy" sound than it had originally.

All in all, another of my steadily growing list of favorite ReMixes on this site! Wonderful job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My friends, THIS is punk rock. Do not be listening to Good Charlotte or any of those types of bands, and call it punk rock. No, THIS is where it's at.

Yet another great remix from Ailsean. And from Chrono Cross too, one of the games I loved the music from. Radical Dreamers was a good song IMO, and this just improves it. Instead of vocals I can't understand (but that sound quite good nonetheless), voila! A guitar, of which I am a big fan of. The drums give it a good feel, and it has all been put together quite well, considering the transition from a soft song to a punk rock one. And just as it get a little dull and loopy, it ends nicely. Thumbs up to you Ailsean, you've made another great remix.

10/10!

• 4 months later...

Superb! I was expecting something much slower and less energetic-needless to say I was quite pleasantly surprised. Between this, "Nikki Learns a Song", and "Knights Come Marching Home," Ailsean is almost obligated to create more fantastic Chrono Series remixes. Two thumbs enthusiastically waving around in the air.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome. That is all I have to say. Ailsean really hits the spot with this short but sweet remix. The sound is just right with little roughness and guitar sounds great. Only complaint is that the drums aren't as good as they could be, but they still do the job nicely. One of Ailsean's best remixes and one of the best CC remixes.

• 10 months later...

Nice guitar tone, and a cool take on some of the themes. Excellent solo as well. Some of the early entrances are a little late sounding on the lead, but that's about it.

Some of the drum panning at the very beginning was a little weird, and the bass sample is pretty uninspiring, but the guitars more than make up for it. The shift to the second theme near the end is absolutely inspiring, with a great drop out transition to it right before. Really uplifting stuff, and I wish it lasted longer.

Really nice stuff though.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00296 - Chrono Cross "Radical Punks"