NOTICE: Forums upgraded to IPS 4.1.X (report issues)

djpretzel

As you may have noticed, we've upgraded our forums to the latest version of "Invision Power Board," now re-titled as "Invision Power Suite"...

1. Please report any issues on THIS thread alone, and please include screenshots, text of the error, time/date stamp, & browser/OS version...
  2. Things will likely take some getting used to; some features will be improved, others may be missing/altered... please give yourself some time to adjust before posting any feedback. That being said, if you've got questions, concerns, comments, etc., let us know!
  3. Counters & content are currently being rebuilt... this will take awhile... some older posts & some statistics may not render correctly until these backgrounds jobs are complete. I'll post an update when they're done, so you know that anything you STILL see is an actual issue (should be done sometime today, 12/13)...
  4. Just in case something goes terribly wrong and we need to roll back to the previous version, you may want to store backups of any long/extensive posts you make in the next 48 hours. Of course, I personally recommend using the Lazarus plugin (for Firefox & Chrome)...

Fingers crossed that things goes well... once we get the kinks worked out, we look forward to building on this platform with the additional functionality we've promised repeatedly in the past & committed to on our Patreon; this is the foundation for future improvements, so please help us get it right!

5 minutes ago, timaeus222 said:

I'm using Firefox 36.0.1 on Windows 7 Pro, and it looks like the menu is partially underneath some of the other navigation tabs. Something with the z-indexing on those tabs specifically?

Confirmed; think I've fixed it. Please clear browser cache. For some reason IPS jack up the z-index to 1000 & 2000 on some of their classes, so I have to compete :)

2 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

The search function doesn't seem to work, at least in the Reviews section.

This is probably an aspect of the background jobs still running.... just checked progress, and it's gonna be awhile, longer than I thought, possibly rest of the day, so I guess we'll see on Monday!

3 minutes ago, Chernabogue said:

Based on this post, YouTube links are not automatically integrated anymore.

This is also the responsibility of the background jobs... we'll see. There were definitely some folks having trouble with this over on the Invision forums, and they said they were looking at alternative embed mechanisms.

Once the dust has settled, we definitely wanna get SoundCloud embeds working too!

1 hour ago, Rozovian said:

Fancy. But still so much empty space, especially on single-line posts.

I happen to like the extra space for readability/cleanliness, but I think we'll probably be making better use of it once we start customizing a bit :)

It seems like none of the old quote tags are working. Broke all the other forum threads. :( Also "Location" under person has no space between the label and the field.

Also what happened to our signatures?

I agree with Rozovian; I think the one thing I extremely dislike about IPS is how much white space is padded on everything. I have a 1080p monitor but it can only get about 1 or 2 forum posts fully onto when it's fullscreened. And 1 or 2 forum posts is not a monitor's worth of content.

If I put it at about 90% zoom, everything looks so much better. ;)  This might not be something you can control, and certainly something I can get used to (and pretty much have so far).

Capture.PNG

4 hours ago, Rozovian said:

Fancy. But still so much empty space, especially on single-line posts.

Well, signatures have been re-enabled. That was probably part of it ;)

3 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

Based on this post, YouTube links are not automatically integrated anymore.

Seems fixed... at least, that post does. Let me know if you find others.

3 hours ago, Neblix said:

It seems like none of the old quote tags are working. Broke all the other forum threads. :( Also "Location" under person has no space between the label and the field.

Also what happened to our signatures?

I agree with Rozovian; I think the one thing I extremely dislike about IPS is how much white space is padded on everything. I have a 1080p monitor but it can only get about 1 or 2 forum posts fully onto when it's fullscreened. And 1 or 2 forum posts is not a monitor's worth of content.

If I put it at about 90% zoom, everything looks so much better. ;)  This might not be something you can control, and certainly something I can get used to (and pretty much have so far).

Capture.PNG

Are the quote tags fixed? Can you link to specific threads where they are broken, if not?

48 minutes ago, Black_Doom said:

Can't leave replies in threads in the RemixComments/Reviews subforum for some reason...

screenshot.jpg

This was a legitimately odd issue with the permissions being borked... dunno how on Earth that happened, but it should be fixed. Please confirm when you get a chance!

@DarkeSword - still haven't add a chance to look into your issues... also very strange!

@Black_Doom, @Chernabogue, @Rozovian, @Neblix, @timaeus222 - appreciate the feedback/issue reports!

And yes, IPS4 allows callouts/references to users, which should be VERY helpful...

Whenever I go to a mixpost page and click "post your own..." to write a review (at least on the latest two mixes, if not more), I get Error code 2S100/6. So, while we can still review, it tends to require clicking "complete thread" and then making a review via the reply box there. Also, when I click "complete thread" from the mixpost page, there is no link to return to the "ReMix Details page" as there had been before.

ERRORCODE2S100:6.png

On 12/13/2015 at 0:30 PM, The Damned said:

Did you remove the mascots? I can't see them any more.

The mascots disappear if the browser window width is below about... 1200px or something. But that's part of the integration with smart devices, I think. If you further shrink the browser window width, you should see a dynamic change in the layout. It's due to the CSS defining specific display options (display: none; or display: visible;) on various objects depending on the window width parameters.

It probably looks something like this:

@media (min-width: XXXpx) and (max-width: YYYpx) {
    tag.class {
        [...]
	display: none;
    }
}
@media (min-width: IIIpx) and (max-width: JJJpx) {
    tag.class {
        [...]
	display: visible/inline/etc;
    }
}

Thirdly, I take your z-index fix of the menu... and raise you another z-index issue! :lol: The userbar goes beneath the backdrop on the OCR title graphics (~/images/template/header_alt.jpg). I'm still testing on the latest version of Firefox, and though I'm on a MAC OSX, I'd expect the same issue at home on my Windows 7 Pro too.

userbar z-index.png