Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2018

DarkeSword

9 hours ago, Xarnax42 said:

Digging the art.

Crying at Gario not getting Wind Man.

Me too. What're you gonna do, though - lost the coin toss. I sure hope Realme moves forward, though; would be a real shame if I didn't get another crack at it sometime down the road 'cause he didn't move on, so I'm rootin' for ya, Realme!

*Sigh* Welp, Cloudman it is. I'll do my darndest with it, for sure. On the bright side, Freezeman is a great theme, so not all is doom and gloom from me - I got a great match-up, lol.

Hey fellas I want to make something clear in case it wasn't with regards to voting. I posted this in the voting thread as a response to one of the remixers but it bears repeating in the main thread:

You are absolutely allowed and encouraged to vote for yourself if you feel that your remix is the better one. There is NOTHING wrong with voting for your own remix.

21 hours ago, Garpocalypse said:

@Trism. Should be a good matchup! Cant wait to see what you come up with for these sources. 

I'm excited to have the saturn version of the tengu source. Going to try out something new with it. 

Holy shit, I didn't even realize it was the Saturn version, and the fact that it isn't the primary version of the song is criminal.  Such an amazing tune, and looking forward to the remixes integrating it!!

4 hours ago, Mak Eightman said:

I feel like i've lost lot of good stuff.. All we had is hacked famicoms and genesis. Snes was for rich ppl. wtf is saturn and other consoles, I didn't knew..

Mak I'd love to point you in the direction of some great Sega Saturn, Neo Geo and TurboGrafx 16 games... but right now I don't think i'd be able to without bringing up a whole lot of anti-nintendo drama along with it.  

...and i don't think that would be appropriate in a Mega Man thread :p   

Long story short. Mega Man 8 was better on the Saturn.  Tengu Man's stage being why. 

Come at me bro's.... 30c10yh.jpg

23 hours ago, Garpocalypse said:

Mak I'd love to point you in the direction of some great Sega Saturn, Neo Geo and TurboGrafx 16 games... but right now I don't think i'd be able to without bringing up a whole lot of anti-nintendo drama along with it.  

Indeed, Saturn, Neo Geo, and TG16 all had some great games on them.  Neo Geo and TG16 couldn't compete with the Nintendo and Sega juggernauts during the early 90's (especially when Neo Geo cost a whopping $650 at the time it was released).  Saturn was truly a magnificent system, and its failure is largely attributable to piss poor marketing by Sega.  I wish that Sega or some third-party would create a Saturn Classic Edition edition with Panzer Dragoon Saga, NiGHTS, Magic Knight Rayearth, SotN, MM8, MMX3, Shining Force III (all three chapters, not just the first and only one to make it to North America), Guardian Heroes, and, of course, all the Sonics on it.  I would pay hundreds of dollars for it, and I would consider it a bargain.  The system and its games are that good.

As far as the anti-Nintendo drama, only the failure of Neo Geo and TG16 can be attributed to Nintendo to any substantial degree.  The Saturn's direct competitor was the PS1.

51 minutes ago, orlouge82 said:

As far as the anti-Nintendo drama, only the failure of Neo Geo and TG16 can be attributed to Nintendo to any substantial degree.  The Saturn's direct competitor was the PS1.

While I feel largely the same way, I was referring to nintendo's recent crusade against ROM and Emulation sites which is threatening to cut off everyone's ability to play games from long lost IP's across multiple generations of consoles. 

It was murky waters for sure but as I've become mostly a retro gamer nowadays the bad ports and ad nauseam re-re-re-releases of the same games don't cut it for me.  

54 minutes ago, Trism said:

I still miss Sega consoles. Their dropping out of the hardware market was very, very sad time for gaming in general. I still maintain that the Dreamcast was one of the best consoles ever made, its a shame that they stuck all their eggs in one basket with projects like Shenmue. 

Yea the Dreamcast had the last run of Sega first party games that still looked, played, and felt like Sega games. Now if you'll excuse me i'm going to load up the Shenmue re-release to play some Hang on.  :)

Got around to submitting my track today since I wont have any time available tomorrow to work on music.  It was definitely tricky finding a way to work the two sources together given how different the mood and feel of them are but I reached a decent compromise I think.  Excited to hear the rest of the tunes this coming round.