Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I've been late the past few weeks, and next Monday is the start of my new job in NYC, so this may be the last time I do this

North American Virtual Console releases today:

Yoshi's Story (N64) - A story that's best left untold

Super Thunder Blade (GEN) - Shmups were on systems other than TurboGrafx16?

World Class Baseball (T16) - Silly Hudson Soft, people won't play a sports game unless it has licensed characters

That pic on Joystiq is hilarious.

starwarssaberoq0.jpg

"Joystiq" and "hilarious" in the same sentence? DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Also, don't bother with Yoshi's Story. It's a meh game, imo. Years ago when I first got it, I played it long enough to gain access to every level in Trial mode and played each one a few times. I haven't touched it since then (although it was fun while it lasted, it just gets boring before long).

I'd definitely be in for a brawl clan, but I highly doubt Nintendo's online stuff will give us any kind of capability for it.

Actually, although there may not be connectivity in the game itself, you would just have to download the Opera browser, and set-up a thread on a forum somewhere so everyone had their friend codes or whatever the crap is you use to add codes. Then you just have to go back and load the game, since you're already online.

It's pretty awkward, I agree, but there's still enough functionality to allow a tournament, you just need to set the rules down off-game, if it is as limited as people fear.

Actually, until the other online announcements come, we have no idea. There could be some sort of multi-man melee (but brawl-style) that would let you set up tournaments with friends online. Who knows? But at the least, it would just take a webpage somewhere or a forum thread to handle the dearth of functionality.

Basically the way I see it, you set up a certain number of seeds, have people fill them, randomized or whatever, by skill (# of wins), and after you seed the players, just go through matches. Someone said you could score 4 points for 1st place, 3 for 2nd, and so on. So the first 3 move on, or, after a certain number of matches, people with < # points move to the next round, until you reach a final elimination round with 4, 3, or 2 players. The winner of that/those battles wins.

It would take some good administration, and people working together, but if interest is high enough, it wouldn't be impossible. Perhaps it may even be popular. Anyway, it's just another possibility of many out there.