Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I thought most Nintendo fans would wish Nintendo would release these 'SUPER ULTIMATE' versions of their consoles (especially handhelds in the last 5 years..) instead of them going the iPod path or even the PS3 path. Dropping the older systems systematically (pun) and pushing a sorta/kinda newer system out there.

Though really, internal hard drive idea has been floating around a while so I fully expect it to happen within a year, maybe even less. And I'll have to buy it like a sucker again.

Hey, I just found this about three minutes ago whilst on YouTube.

I never knew that there were tournaments for this game. This looks like a lot of fun, with plenty of spectators and a nice setup. There is one or two really sick volleys in the video, too.

just fyi, the winner only gets a 1 year free lease for that car :P

I met my first Wii hater this week-end.

I was in an EBgames, looking at the classic controller for my newly found VC addiction, and I was explaining to my friend the reason for that controller. As I was doing some mental math concerning my budget, the clerk comes up to me and says:

:350:"Yeah, that's a classic controller for the Wii."

No shit sherlock... but still, I'm gonna be polite.

"Yeah, I know, I'm thinking of getting one for the virtual console."

:350:"Yeah, it will work with some games, companies are also gonna use it for their games."

"Hmmm, I know of smashbros, any other games that are gonna use it?"

:350:"I don't know, its just that the Wii just doesn't perform up to everyone's expectations."

"So yeah hmmm, anyway, I'm gonna go somewhere else."

That's strike 2 for EBgames, strike 1 was selling me a used game saying it was "new".

Also, there was something weird this week-end with my Wii. I brought it at a friend's place and well, the pointer kept jumping up an down. Look in the settings and somehow there were 4 white dots on screen no matter what I did. Is it possible that the backlight from his LCD screen messed up the pointer?

Last week I took my Wii to a friend's place, to show him some stuff since he didn't have a wireless router yet, but had just purchased his own Wii.

Because of the setup, the pointer was really jumpy.

Were there any other sources of IR, nearby? Reflection from the sun, perhaps? Or some other source of heat? Could throw off the pointer, since you can use candles in place of the bar.

I met my first Wii hater this week-end.

I was in an EBgames, looking at the classic controller for my newly found VC addiction, and I was explaining to my friend the reason for that controller. As I was doing some mental math concerning my budget, the clerk comes up to me and says:

:350:"Yeah, that's a classic controller for the Wii."

No shit sherlock... but still, I'm gonna be polite.

"Yeah, I know, I'm thinking of getting one for the virtual console."

:350:"Yeah, it will work with some games, companies are also gonna use it for their games."

"Hmmm, I know of smashbros, any other games that are gonna use it?"

:350:"I don't know, its just that the Wii just doesn't perform up to everyone's expectations."

"So yeah hmmm, anyway, I'm gonna go somewhere else."

That's strike 2 for EBgames, strike 1 was selling me a used game saying it was "new".

Thats interesting, I come across Wii haters all the damn time. Yeah, ebgames and gamestop employees can be real idiots sometimes. They get hired because supposedlly they are big gamers but in reality their taste in games are mostly mainstream and very narrow. But not all of their employees are like that. I know some guys at my nearest gamestop that actually like a little of everything and are un-biased.

"I don't know, its just that the Wii just doesn't perform up to everyone's expectations."

which obviously explains how its the dominant console.

wow thats pretty low. those small game stores like EB and gamestop are really managed poorly. how they are still in business is anyones guess.

Also, there was something weird this week-end with my Wii. I brought it at a friend's place and well, the pointer kept jumping up an down. Look in the settings and somehow there were 4 white dots on screen no matter what I did. Is it possible that the backlight from his LCD screen messed up the pointer?

there have been reports that extreme sunlight could mess with the pointer. does it just act funny at his place? was there any extra light that has an abnormal abundance of infra-red?

Oh God, did they pull the:

Buyer: I'd like this game please.

EBEmployee: Sure *goes behind counter to grab instruction booklet+game and grabs game case off of shelf to sell as new*

Um, you guys do know that EB and Gamestop "gut" copies of their games, right? They remove the game and booklet so they can put the box on the shelves for display purposes, to show they have the game. If it's a non-popular/big name game, they usually only do this with one copy. If it's a really popular/big name one, they may do it with 4-8 copies.

Edit: Shit. Forgot about not being able to get a quote within a quote, when quoting a single post. Fixed.

Um, you do know that EB and Gamestop "gut" copies of their games, right? They remove the game and booklet so they can put the box on the shelves for display purposes, to show they have the game. If it's a non-popular/big name game, they usually only do this with one copy. If it's a really popular/big name one, they may do it with 4-8 copies.

Yeah, I know. I found out the hard way when I bought Sword of Mana years ago.

This game looks pretty cool. Eternity's Child is coming to the Wii and DS. It was supposed to be for XBLA, but due to size limit they're moving it to the Wii.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/console-swapping/eternitys-child-moves-to-wii-298054.php

"...the wingless began a campaign of genocide against the winged creatures fueled by jealousy."

Funny, I never thought of him as a genocidal sorta guy.