DarkeSword

Signatures disabled

Recommended Posts

On 1/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, MindWanderer said:

It's funny, forums seems to have died out but nothing really replaced them.  Reddit-style commenting makes it impossible to discuss things in a conversational format.  Discord is a throwback to old internet chat rooms, where it's incredibly difficult to find old comments or discuss more than a handful of topics at the same time.  I for one appreciate the old format.

I tried the Discord and yeah it's just not for me.  I feel like such an old man pining for the glory days of message boards. :razz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Argle said:

I tried the Discord and yeah it's just not for me.  I feel like such an old man pining for the glory days of message boards. :razz:

A videogame community giving nostalgia a lot of weight is not unreasonable.  That's what we live for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new here. One of the first things I looked for was the signature option. I just want to place a soundcloud link in it. Am I missing something or am I a bad person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robert_G said:

I'm new here. One of the first things I looked for was the signature option. I just want to place a soundcloud link in it. Am I missing something or am I a bad person?

Bad person? More like TERRIBLE person. But I kid... at this point I'm 99% sure we'll be adding twitter/youtube/facebook/soundcloud links to profiles and also the profile postbit field next to every post, which should be pretty cool.

I'd like to remind everyone that, above perhaps everyone else on this planet Earth, I do want to improve OCR :)

Screenshot of WIP theme attached. It's WIP, but it's already preferable to current theme in some ways. We'll get there.

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Silverpool64 said:

Is a dark theme coming to OCR!?! If so I'm hyped!

Darker, yes - and it'll just be default. Large richtext areas still dark-on-white, as in above screenshot, but some inverted bits, and otherwise darker in general. Sticky navbar & sitewide login status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Darker, yes - and it'll just be default. Large richtext areas still dark-on-white, as in above screenshot, but some inverted bits, and otherwise darker in general. Sticky navbar & sitewide login status.

Will there be options to retain font and text formats when copying/pasting down the line?  I seem to recall seeing that it will be nixxed when the dark theme comes around. 

Edited by HoboKa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Darker, yes - and it'll just be default. Large richtext areas still dark-on-white, as in above screenshot, but some inverted bits, and otherwise darker in general. Sticky navbar & sitewide login status.

dark theme dark theme dark theme dark theme dark theme 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, djpretzel said:

Bad person? More like TERRIBLE person. But I kid... at this point I'm 99% sure we'll be adding twitter/youtube/facebook/soundcloud links to profiles and also the profile postbit field next to every post, which should be pretty cool.

I'd like to remind everyone that, above perhaps everyone else on this planet Earth, I do want to improve OCR :)

Screenshot of WIP theme attached. It's WIP, but it's already preferable to current theme in some ways. We'll get there.

Capture.PNG

Looking good so far.

I would say having the soundcloud/youtube links below the avatar picture would be excellent.  Even a small reddit-like flair would be neat too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 3:57 AM, HoboKa said:

Will there be options to retain font and text formats when copying/pasting down the line?  I seem to recall seeing that it will be nixxed when the dark theme comes around. 

@HoboKa As long as we keep the richtext portions of the theme white - as in the screenshot - we can reliably maintain the formatting when copying/pasting.

So it won't be a "true" dark theme - it'll be much darker, overall, but richtext (forum posts & mix writeups) at least will be dark-on-light.

23 hours ago, Sir_NutS said:

I would say having the soundcloud/youtube links below the avatar picture would be excellent.  Even a small reddit-like flair would be neat too.

@Sir_NutS This is absolutely the plan, for social links. What would the flair look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Radiowar said:

no "working the bag, boss" after a djp post...nothing makes sense anymore!

Still love that film but damn if Clint Eastwood didn't get all old, weird, and political, and start talking to chairs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 5:57 AM, djpretzel said:

@Sir_NutS This is absolutely the plan, for social links. What would the flair look like?

reddit has little tags that you can pick out related to the subreddit you're in that go beside your username when you post anything. For example, in r/AskMen (and a lot of the other "ask" subreddits) there's a flair you can use that indicates whether you're a guy or a girl and what age range (e.g. "Male 30-35", "Woman 30+", etc.). Some subreddits have silly references, quotes, or in-jokes. 

I've seen on other forums where they use fluff badges that you can choose from (in some cases purchase, but I wouldn't recommend that) to put below your username, much like your "Admin" badge, but with less official designation. Might not work as well here since we already have the profile images, but YMV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NIJITADIA said:

Anyway, I noticed we are using invision community software here!   If the reason for removing signatures was due to bad/unwanted external links or images, then it is probably possible to write a plugin to check the content of a signature before it can be saved, and not allow it to be saved if it contains a URL to an image that is externally hosted (while still allowing external links to artists websites, etc)

This is not the reason. The reason is primarily for UI/UX reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 6:24 PM, The Coop said:

It was already like that before this change. Back in October, I stumbled across something in my profile and I was able to upload my Halloween signature there in the signature option (it used the same "choose files" setup that you see on each post you make). The file was then hosted on OCR, which is how people were able to see that image for a couple of months before the signature option was pulled.

I did not realize this. I've not been on the forums nearly as much as I used to be. I wanted to suggest link icons that folks could click to go to an artists site or bandcamp page or some social network profile/site/etc. with placement of such under their user name "card" at the left of the posts they make, but, after reading other comments here, that might be a worthless idea anyway. Guess even I need to get with the times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 4:39 PM, DarkeSword said:

As indicated in the announcement at the top of the forums, Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin signatures have been disabled. This thread is for constructive feedback about what we can do to fill the void with regards to self-promotion.

Please be aware that djpretzel is working on revisions to the forum theme that will more clearly delineate where one person's post ends and another's begins. As always, OC ReMix is a WIP.

Thanks.

I understand the reason for taking them away, I guess sigs are too old fashioned right? 

 
Edited by aquilesopkarg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.