Playstation 2 Games

AMT

Just a side comment, I'm going to have to disagree with the FFX & FFXII suggestions - FFX was just tedious towards the end, and FFXII really suffers from bad grinding...although everything else about FFXII is amazing. Still not worth playing due to the grinding though.

If you haven't played the Mega Man X games, I'd highly recommend the Mega Man X Collection. The Guitar Hero games are also great though.

If you like Horror games, here's my suggested list:

Silent Hill 2: Greatest Hits (Although already mentioned, this director's cut is just more complete.)

Silent Hill 3

Resident Evil 4 (Already mentioned)

The Fatal Frame series

The Suffering

Siren (I suggest that you get a strategy guide or walk-through as well.)

Half-Life

Killer 7 (Not a PS2 exclusive, but definitely a unique title.)

Indigo Prophecy (Although the story breaks down about half-way through, still a great game.)

Extermination (An often overlooked third-person shooter that was a little more ahead of it's time than it should have been.)

I also suggest playing the Hitman series if you like stealth games.

QFE

Excellent RPG series. I finally found the original Shadow Hearts just the other day and I'm diggin it so far, even if is almost 6 years old now. The second and third just kick ass.

I found Shadow Hearts 1 to be way too simple and low-quality when I finally played it. That, and the translation just seems to get worse and worse as the game goes on, to the point where it becomes painfully obvious the translators only looked at certain lines once.

"To get the n_(162) stone..." Things like that.

Where do I begin?

• Rez, for on rails shooting goodness.
  • Katamari Damacy & We <3 Katamari, cause it's always fun to roll animals, people and houses into a large ball and make them into a star (or planet).
  • Grandia 3, for the combat if nothing else.
  • Psychonauts, great story and level design.
  • Okami, for a great adventure game.
  • God Hand, for a HARD :twisted: brawler game where you can set your own combos.
  • Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, good games with a few flaws but very enjoyable.

And I know I'm gonna get sent up a flag pole for this but,

• R-Type Final, for a great variety of ships and weapons (and yes, I know a lot of them are similar)

But I haven't seen any games mentioned that I disagree with.

Guilty Gear X2

Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded > Guilty Gear Isuka > Guilty gear X2 > Guilty Gear X Plus

Although Guilty gear X2/Reloaded (Notice the slash. This means 2 extra characters for some reason) and Guilty gear X2 Accent Core are apparently better. I haven't played either, so I wouldn't know.

Do not waste your time with the piece of shit known as Final Fantasy XII, what a piece of shit! STORY SUCKED. CHARACTERS SUCKED. MUSIC SUCKED. DON'T BUY IT.

i think FFXII is the best FF since FF6, i like it better than 7.

sure you have to level grind, but i like leveling in this game, cause you can do it with monster hunts and stuff which keep it fresh

and theres secret areas all over the place you can discover while leveling

Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded > Guilty Gear Isuka > Guilty gear X2 > Guilty Gear X Plus

Although Guilty gear X2/Reloaded (Notice the slash. This means 2 extra characters for some reason) and Guilty gear X2 Accent Core are apparently better. I haven't played either, so I wouldn't know.

Did you seriously just put Isuka above X2?

Just a side comment, I'm going to have to disagree with the FFX & FFXII suggestions - FFX was just tedious towards the end, and FFXII really suffers from bad grinding...although everything else about FFXII is amazing. Still not worth playing due to the grinding though.

If you haven't played the Mega Man X games, I'd highly recommend the Mega Man X Collection. The Guitar Hero games are also great though.

see, thats why its opinion, I won't touch the new megaman X games for the life of me, they just arent that great, they are Identical to the past games. :-)

Do not waste your time with the piece of shit known as Final Fantasy XII, what a piece of shit! STORY SUCKED. CHARACTERS SUCKED. MUSIC SUCKED. DON'T BUY IT.

wow...

I pretty much hate new games and this one I actually liked

so yeah

way off

if you said X instead of XII you would have been right though

My girlfriend has a PS2, but the price is low enough for me to go and buy one. I already have a couple of games which i play when i'm at her place, but these lists of you guys was just what i needed since i forgot about half of everything mentioned above.

These games have already been mentioned, but they deserve more emphasis.

Rez

Not a real game, but an excellent experience like no other.

Castlevania Lament of Innonce

Take the endless hallways for granted, since the animations, the story, the bossfights, the characters, the battle-system and the music are all top-notch. Only buy Curse of Darkness if you're a big Castlevania like me, otherwise you'd stop playing the game after two hours out of boredom.

Devil May Cry series

Two awesome games, and a black sheep. Stay away from DMC2, since it is dreadful game. Part 1 and 3 are among the best i've ever played.

I've got more, but the rest isn't as good as already mentiond.