Sign in to follow this  
The Damned

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl *FRIEND CODES IN CLANOCR THREAD*

it has all the gold and silver starters

and the legendary dogs

and ho-oh

and its an awesome game

Colosseum was a fucking abomination. Shitty plot, shitty models, shitty execution all around. Genious Sonarity is supposed to be composed of former members of all these great studios, like Enix and shit, and the game they put out was something that looked, felt and played like it was thrown together by a bunch of interns.

The sequel, Gale of Darkness, wasn't much better, but at least they made the whole "purification" thing a lot easier. Convluted, but easier.

I still haven't finished Colosseum to this very day, because of the total bullshit that that game is. Besides, you can get all the GSC starters and legendaries from Fire and Leaf on the GBA.

I still haven't finished Colosseum to this very day, because of the total bullshit that that game is. Besides, you can get all the GSC starters and legendaries from Fire and Leaf on the GBA.

GSC starters are in Emerald.

The legendary dogs from GSC are in Fire/Leaf, but only one per playthrough, if I recall.

Ho-oh and Lugia can only be gotten in Fire/Leaf via event items. :/

Colosseum/XD suck, but they're the 'easiest' way to get those.

I got all 3 starters, phione (pre-evolved form for manaphy), riolus, and eevees anyone up for trade? (I caught ditto on route 218 while using poke radar I love that toy XD) just pm me or reply on this topic =)

My FC: 2492-0619-4420

Name: Josh

So i made it to the elite four in Diamond. My infernape is level 52, dialga 52, gyarados 51, staraptor 55, floatzel 54. And i don't think i can even make it past the first guy (girl?). I barely made it past my rival, i never had a problem with any of the other battles in the game though. I used to think i was over leveled quite a bit but the game seems to have caught up with me. So are there some other areas i missed or something? Where's a good place to gain levels?

That's a little odd, what does your Staraptor know? It should be able to handle all his pokemon in one or two shots with a wing attack (+brave bird for the vespqueen) except for the scorpion thing. (Used Golem for the scorpion, earthquake squishes it rather effectively).

my Staraptor has a nature that lowers its attack power and is only lv 52 at the moment...so theres no reason yours shouldn't be plowing through those bug types at lv 55.

Mine knows Fly, Brave Bird, Wing Attack, and Close Combat. (Maybe not the best move set...I kind of miss quick attack, but oh well).

So i made it to the elite four in Diamond. My infernape is level 52, dialga 52, gyarados 51, staraptor 55, floatzel 54. And i don't think i can even make it past the first guy (girl?). I barely made it past my rival, i never had a problem with any of the other battles in the game though. I used to think i was over leveled quite a bit but the game seems to have caught up with me. So are there some other areas i missed or something? Where's a good place to gain levels?

Right now, probably the best place to level up would be Victory Road. It'll take some time, but if it gets you past the E4 easier, it's worth it. Here's what I do: Get a Pokemon that knows Thief, and take it up to route 210. There are wild Chansey in that area and you can try to swipe a Lucky Egg off of one. I got one on my third try, your results may vary.

It'll make levelling up go a bit faster, especially if some of your Pokemon are traded ones.

edit: oh yeah, once I can finally reach Pal Park, I'll have plenty of junk to trade. Jirachi, anyone?

I'm at about 200 seen, about 120 caught. Battle Island is like a huge nostalgia trip for me. I caught a Bellsprout and a Spearow.

Also, I'm breedin' anything rare I have right now, like Eevees and Riolu. They make for quick, painless trades on the GTS.

OKAY, so I recently got Pokemon Pearl, and am to the third gym. Currently, my Pokeymans are as such:

Grotle (Koopa) Lv. 29

Machop Lv. 16

Zubat Lv. 19

Psyduck Lv. 15

Shinx Lv. 10

(Can't remember)

I have recently caught Kadabra, Ponyta, and Kricketune.

I know my Psychic type is the one to train up for, but any other suggestions? Any other types to try to ctach? Of course, to me, using a Kadabra seems a bit..redundant...

EDIT: Oh, I thought of something. If anyone here has a spare legendary (Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Somesuchoranother), I'll trade ya for any Pearl-exclusive Pokeymanz. Why Mew? I just want to tick off my sister. Unless I need the National Dex for those...

I got all 3 starters, phione (pre-evolved form for manaphy), riolus, and eevees anyone up for trade? (I caught ditto on route 218 while using poke radar I love that toy XD) just pm me or reply on this topic =)

My FC: 2492-0619-4420

Name: Josh

Just so you know, Phione will NOT evolve. While Manaphy is breedable into Phiones, you will never get another Manaphy from the original.

And for reference, Phione has all stats 80% of Manaphy's and cannot learn Heart Swap (swap status with foe).

That's a little odd, what does your Staraptor know? It should be able to handle all his pokemon in one or two shots with a wing attack (+brave bird for the vespqueen) except for the scorpion thing. (Used Golem for the scorpion, earthquake squishes it rather effectively).

my Staraptor has a nature that lowers its attack power and is only lv 52 at the moment...so theres no reason yours shouldn't be plowing through those bug types at lv 55.

Mine knows Fly, Brave Bird, Wing Attack, and Close Combat. (Maybe not the best move set...I kind of miss quick attack, but oh well).

Think she has aerial ace, brave bird, fly and maybe take down, not sure about the last one. Are the e4 the same was as in red/blue? you have to defeat them all to go back and heal? i figured there was no point in just beating one, when there's 3 more + rival (i assume).

You fight the entire Elite 4 plus the Champion at the end without being able to go back, so you have to bring lots of revives, potions and fullheals with you unless your Pokemon are like, in the 90's-100 lvl range.

Your rival challenges you before you can get in to see the E4, so use that as a way to gauge your levels before you go in.

Just so you know, Phione will NOT evolve. While Manaphy is breedable into Phiones, you will never get another Manaphy from the original.

And for reference, Phione has all stats 80% of Manaphy's and cannot learn Heart Swap (swap status with foe).

Hmm my bad I have been given misleading information =P oh well just got phiones 1 manaphy but that sucks phione doesn't evolve? hmm oh well but I have many 3rd stage evos of many pokemon ask me we might do a trade for a certain pokemon :shock:

Either I got lucky or the champion is faaar easier than the last guy in the E4...anyway finally beat them, now I gotta get the national dex so I can start working on a competitive team.

If anyone wants a male sneasle or buneary with ice punch to use as breeding fodder pm me or something, I've got a handful, buneary is in the Humanoid/Ground egg groups sneasle is in the Ground Egg group. I don't know how much anyone cares for the particular attack but whatever..they're left overs from a little breeding experimenting I'm doing.

Well this is nifty. Each town has a different variation of it's theme played during each time of the day. I was in Oreburgh earlier this morning *aruond 3 am* and decided to try to play it by ear on my piano, then I come back to again at around 7 am and the music is different. Same overall theme, but different variation. Pretty nifty.

Well this is nifty. Each town has a different variation of it's theme played during each time of the day. I was in Oreburgh earlier this morning *aruond 3 am* and decided to try to play it by ear on my piano, then I come back to again at around 7 am and the music is different. Same overall theme, but different variation. Pretty nifty.

The pokemon center themes are different too, I thought that was nifty. I think it's per town, didn't pay too much attention.

I just got fly, and I'm noticing when I use it that there is a dot on the map that keeps moving around, similar to the legendary dog pokemon dots that I remember from GS. Is that what it is, or something else?

The dot shows your last route traveled, or the last town you were in. Just in case you forgot in the few seconds that you had the menu open to use Fly.

Sort of handy.

I'm having a hard time catching cresselia I follow the marking map but it moves sometimes cresselia doesn't any tips besides mean look and master ball?

I'm having a hard time catching cresselia I follow the marking map but it moves sometimes cresselia doesn't any tips besides mean look and master ball?

I just transferred my 6 Masterballs over with a few random pokes. Now I can catch everything.

I just got Pearl a few hours ago and am I missing something here? How the hell do I get my friend code?:dstrbd:

You have to go online with your DS. Then you get your friend code.