OCR00766 - Earthworm Jim 2 "Wormaphobic Disorder"

orkybash

Earthworm Jim 2 'Wormaphobic Disorder'

I can't think of a simgle Protricity song I haven't liked. This definitely continues the trend. There's so much attention to detail here that it's simply amazing.

BTW, sorry djpretzel, but I couldn't see how that breakdown sounded at all like R2... maybe a little, but not enough to really draw the comparison. It *was* cool though

This is probably my favorite from Protricity, and after going through and downloading all his songs, I have realized how unique and amazing his remixes are. This mix is dynamic and is like a roller coaster ride for your ears. It's fast paced, the melody and beats change like crazy, making for an incredibly interesting submission. Thank you, Protricity, for making such amazing music for us OC followers to listen to.

I've been waiting a very, very long time for this. A good remix of the first stage music of EWJ2. Protricity pulled this one off immaculately. I'm sure some woulnt enjoy this as much as if they had played the game, but having owned and beaten the game, I really, really like this mix. There's nothing I would advise you change, either.

****1/2

One word for this mix - Godly. Yup yup, it's incredible. For one, it's the exact type of things I like. Good electro sounds, smooth flow from one point to another. Not only that, you'd hafta play EWJ2 to understand how well this mix adds to the original theme. And considering this is my fave theme of the game, it's just perfect. Excellent work, Prot.

• 1 month later...

yay! i absolutely love earthworm jim and this remix, and i love that its long and completely varied, it actualy sounds like 3 different things to me, into the first minute it remindes me of tenchi backround music, the second part remindes me of lunar 1 music, and the third is all its own heh i talk to much lalalalala

long live jim!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This is some great stuff!! (yes this is really Tommy).

Keep up the AMAZING work everyone! I freakin' love this site!!

Protricity is the MAN!!

Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc.

President/Founder, G.A.N.G. (Game Audio Network Guild) [www.audiogang.org]

Host, writer, co-producer, The Electric Playground & Judgment Day television shows

Executive Producer/CEO, Video Games Live

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice atmosphere with a good beat, the track builds pretty well, but seems pretty BG for my tastes. I need a strong melody to be completely committed, and eventually one comes in, so that's cool. There is plenty of awesome textural and structural changes going on throughout, and though I think I'd like a bit more bass, the song always stays engaging.

This would be really great chilling music, but that treble end keeps drawing me in, making it a little more active listening. Very interesting tactic though.

Ending was good as well. Overall a gem from the era of tracks it came from.

• 11 months later...

Wormaphobic Disorder flexes many modulation muscles in its elastic and contained playthrough. The opening lead is like uber-rubber, and the one at 0:56 is chewy enough to tug my mouth in anticipation of its fruity flavor. Most backup players follow suit (i.e. they adjust their panning and tonality), and while solid players like the drums, shaker, and piano might not be as modulated, they still remain active standouts alongside.

The arrangement's just as contagious as the production, whether it makes short melodic hops or glides up and down the scales like an overture. It pulses with life every step of the way, so even the lone mutating bass at 1:43, the thick drumwork at 2:19, and the false ending feel like welcome transitions. After that last bit, the final stretch is packed with shiny, commanding synths, but the elastic leitmotif haunts the background in the form of whirls, grinds, and other manipulations.

Groovy, as Jim would say.

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00766 - Earthworm Jim 2 "Wormaphobic Disorder"