Battle to the Grave: This is full of seriously clashing notes. Timing seems out of sync in a lot of places, too--part of this is due to a lead with a really slow attack, which is really obvious with some of the quick notes that never get the chance to fully form. I'm having a hard time picking out Mercury's theme, but that's not surprising given that what I can hear of Spectre Knight's theme is greatly distorted.
The Siege of Venus: Pretty slick concept here to start off with. The jazz works better than after Wandering Travelers starts, though--it tries to be big band, but it's a small band. Panning is also unbalanced--it makes sense to have instruments have a "place" in the audio space, but that can become an issue when all the instruments playing at a particular time at a particular frequency range are on one side. The arrangement was just Venus->Wandering Travelers, no integration between them, and even the genre changed.
Four Against One, Sounds like Fun: Interesting take on Wandering Travelers, focusing on the late part of the song. Arrangement is pretty good, mostly the usual production issues here--balance, overcompression--which are secondary concerns for this compo and can always be fixed given time.
Welcome to the voting stage
The mixing stage is over. This round has 2 songs and 1 bonus mix by PlanarianHugger. The following people compete against each other
(if you want a different color, let me know by replying or sending me a PM). I won’t use the pictures anymore since I have issues by getting them at this page).
To vote, do the following:
· Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.
· Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.
· Fill in the entries from first to second in the ThaSauce form (leave the third box empty) or fill in your top 2. Participants only need to fill in the first box. Do not vote for PlanarianHugger
· State a reasoning for it.
· Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they get a free first place if they vote, so it doesn't affect the results. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.
· Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.
You have until THIS Monday, March 27th 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT) to vote.
If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 (or top 2 for participants) is clear. I prefer something like this:
Bundeslang (if you follow the link you won’t have to add my name).
PRC ### Vote
1: (remixer A )
2: (remixer B )
3: (remixer C )
I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC342. PRC341 will start before saturday.
Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.