sexy 69 - theme of love, picked by Necrox. It's not kinky per se, but it is romantic. The more deprived of us will just have to think of some shitty fan-fiction sex twixt Rosa and her love...or loves oh mai
....sorry about the black background...copied this from the ThaSauce page. Oh wells.
Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)
Round 67: Tales of Phantasia - Freeze
Deadline: March 6th Monday @ 1 PM
Vote Ends: March 8th Wed @ 11 PM
MnP ARCHIVE - made by Trism
Submit your remix Here when completed. **If you have technical difficulty with account activation at ThaSauce, please contact me via PM and I will submit your track and will also tally your vote**
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.
1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
6. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct
MISC/TIPS - When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)
I've been considering claiming Fear of the Heavens for the last week since it became available... I think I'll take the plunge and officially commit. I'm starting to have ideas about how to approach it, so I'll regret it if I don't!
You're not alone, @oldfan.
I have a very long history of gaming - got myself hooked on my friend's copies of the first Zelda game, Mario 2, Mario 3, Contra, and the original TMNT. I've been a gamer for 30 years now and as other posts have described, I'm becoming a bit philosophical about it all now.
A similar experience brought me to remixes in general. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the Black Mages, but their song Distant Worlds did the very same thing to me. This song helped me realize, in a time of my life when I was very insecure about my gaming, that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a great love and appreciation for video games.
It's funny how music can not only bring back the images, but also the sounds, the situations, the feelings - this track literally brought the WHOLE experience back for me, which is one of the initial contacts I had with OCR. I'd like to voice my support of Von Nebo's statement and say that these times are good, but nothing will beat those old days trying to figure out how to trash Metal Man with just a P-Buster, an E-Tank (if you didn't lose all your lives trying to get it), and a whole lot of determination.
Thank you, OCR, for giving us a place to give these memories a new life through the songs we create - and hopefully we share of little of the joy we had making these memories with the rest of the world through music.
"If music be the food of love, play on..." ~William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night