OCR00317 - Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IX "Knights Come Marching Home"

Saunders

Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IX 'Knights Come Marching Home'

Ants come marching home? What the heck? Oh! Jebus Cripes! It's Frog's theme done in electric guitary goodness! Tasty. I had to actually describe this mix for a friend of mine, because he didn't believe that there was any FF9 in it.

As near as I can tell (I barely played FF9) the "storyline" of this mix goes as such:

0:00-0:49: marching ants

0:49-1:18: glenn's theme

1:18-1:46: ff9 battle

1:46-2:14: glenn's theme

2:14-2:32: marching ants

Anyways, good mix. Highly recommended, get it. Now. Right now. Go get it! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Genius!" cried the Omen.

Ailsean is one of my favorite remixers on this site. This was the first of his I downloaded. Frog's theme, so beautifully done... I almost cried. Almost. The Melodies of Life countermelody was brilliant as well. Now I'm addicted to Ailsean's music. Think there's a support group for this sort of thing?

UHHHH, FF9 Battle? Am I the only one who's played FF9? That's no battle theme. That's a remix of "The Loss of Me", played when Beatrix is around. Actually there is a time where Steiner and Beatrix fight alongside each other. There's a more heroic version of The Loss of Me played during that part (which sounds like the method used in this mix). Ah yes, that was a good part in the game.

Anyway, just thought I'd clear that up unless by some weird twist of fate I'm wrong, and to say this is definitely a song that sticks in your head (Very weird "factoid" that counterpart is. I never noticed it until right now)

That overdrive guitar rocks! Yup, this mix is all about the transition effects. Very well done. I'm familiar with the themes that make this song and that's a plus to really see how the transitions are well made.

Good one from Ailsean.

- CHOQ SOUL (Frog's song is one of my favorites of Chrono Trigger)

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent mix.

DJP was right, that drum beat really does stick in your mind.

I also had no idea that 'Melodies of Life' was the countermelody for Glenns theme. Woah.

Anyway, Good work. :D

Nevermind. I scrolled up and read the rest of the posts. Kickass song.

This is just one of those pieced I think deserve to be distrubuted on a CD and payed for. Everything on this track is just amazing. After listening to it several times, I noticed the Melodies of life. I wasn't sure that's what it was completely, but then I saw someone mention it here, and my theory proved corrent. Anyway, back on topic, I wouldnt ask you to change a single thing, and I don't think Mitsuda or any of the others would either.

• 2 weeks later...

A great combination of some great songs. I especially loved when Frogs theme came raging in. Glenn was totally my hero. I wish I were some wannabe hero who gets turned into a frog by the Magus and Ozzy...

....Maybe if I meet Ozzy I can ask him to turn me into a frog.

Wee.

-Doug

• 1 month later...
Actually there is a time where Steiner and Beatrix fight alongside each other. There's a more heroic version of The Loss of Me played during that part (which sounds like the method used in this mix). Ah yes, that was a good part in the game.

Actually, the FF9 "loss of me" part is considered a completely different song, called "I must protect"... anyways, it's a great mix... the transitions were seamless, and like all Ailsean mixes, the guitars were amazing... However, there is an updated version of this mix floating around! It used to be on VGMix, but now that VGMix is down, I have no idea where you can find it... It's called "The Knights Come Marching Home... Again" :)

Actually there is a time where Steiner and Beatrix fight alongside each other. There's a more heroic version of The Loss of Me played during that part (which sounds like the method used in this mix). Ah yes, that was a good part in the game.

Actually, the FF9 "loss of me" part is considered a completely different song, called "I must protect"... anyways, it's a great mix... the transitions were seamless, and like all Ailsean mixes, the guitars were amazing... However, there is an updated version of this mix floating around! It used to be on VGMix, but now that VGMix is down, I have no idea where you can find it... It's called "The Knights Come Marching Home... Again" :)

As I posted on some other post (forget where it is), anyone who needs/wants the 'Again' version, contact me on IRC on DALnet, Aniverse, or ETG, my nick is Majin_GeoDooD. You can also catch me on AIM with the screenname MaJiN GeoDooD.

btw: I'm a total Ailsean freak :D. Got 46 Ailsean mp3s in my playlist, 2 hours and 29 mins. Ailsean will get an altar next to my Hendrix altar if he ever does a guitar remix of the FF2j Overworld theme :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This song is... awesome. There are so many other positive adjectives to describe it... uh.... seamless. There's one describing the transitions. Hm... Electric. There's one describing the ass-kickin guitar that plays through a good half (maybe more) of the song. Well, go to Star Road in SMW to see some other "Way Cool" adjectives that describe this awesome, seamless, electric (??) song.

When Johnny Come Marching Home Again, Hurrah!! HURRAH!!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00317 - Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy IX "Knights Come Marching Home"