Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to nohero Send a message via MSN to nohero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirby View Post
Agreed. The City in the Sky was pretty great.

Also, it culminated in what is still my favorite boss fight in the series. Argorok, Twilit Dragon.

I mean, you climb the walls FOUR STORIES or so, and then grab onto some flying nuts. After that, you grab onto the dragon after dodging its fire breath and attack the spot on its back a few times. And then you ride him down those four stories or so and when he lands, what does Link do? A hella stylish backflip off of Argorok.

TP Link gives exactly zero fucks about dragons.
Again, TP's bosses were much more enjoyable than SS's, overall. They felt so damn epic! Much more epic than a Cthulhu impressionist who looked like he got rejected from a Jamaican knockoff of Monsters Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPanic View Post
Let's not forget about Ashe busting in with a ROCKET LAUNCHER.
Ashei is too quickly forgotten. She needs a spinoff with Groose. Their babies would be badass.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Jonathan Orbach
Little Mac (+900)

Send a message via AIM to RealFolkBlues Send a message via Yahoo to RealFolkBlues
So, beat Skyward last night. Fantastic. Maybe not as much emotional kick as some of the other games of recent years, but damn. HUGE. And so much cool. For the size and fun factor, I'm thinking this has to be my new favorite.

Also, yeah, Groose is the shit. Just wait you guys who aren't there yet. The ole' Groosenator will win you over soon enough.

I started wailing the blues when the doctor whacked my bottom on the day I was born.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFolkBlues View Post
So, beat Skyward last night. Fantastic. Maybe not as much emotional kick as some of the other games of recent years, but damn. HUGE. And so much cool. For the size and fun factor, I'm thinking this has to be my new favorite.

Also, yeah, Groose is the shit. Just wait you guys who aren't there yet. The ole' Groosenator will win you over soon enough.
I haven't even played SS yet and I like Groose.

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Catherine Stay
Octorok (+200)

zelda looks absolutely gorgeous in this game...kinda makes me wish I was her. Link's lucky.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Jonathan Orbach
Little Mac (+900)

Send a message via AIM to RealFolkBlues Send a message via Yahoo to RealFolkBlues
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSO View Post
zelda looks absolutely gorgeous in this game...kinda makes me wish I was her. Link's lucky.
Yeah she is adorable in a Taylor Swift way like the whole game. Very charming. Still only like my fourth favorite incarnation of Zelda, though (my first three are in order WW, Oot, and TP.)

I started wailing the blues when the doctor whacked my bottom on the day I was born.

Last edited by RealFolkBlues; 02-18-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Luiza S. Carvalho
Eggplant Wizard (+300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I beat it last night! I gotta say I was a little disappointed with the ending, especially how Ghirahim turned out. I thought he was the best Zelda villain I know, so it was kind of a waste. He's still awesome though.

I have to admit I cheated on the last Silent Realm, I downloaded a save right after it. I really couldn't be bothered to try it again and again. And they're the sole reason why I won't be playing this game again so soon, if ever.

[b]Also taking part in these awesome projects: SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness, Final Fantasy IX.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)

interesting, i quite liked the silent realms. they were like a callback to my favorite portion of phantom hourglass
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Jonathan Orbach
Little Mac (+900)

I enjoyed the Silent Realms as well, but I could see how they could be frustrating. I had to restart Din's Trial after getting all but one or two of the tears and that was pretty annoying. Still, I thought they were well done, beautiful, and a great way to put some variety in the game play. Speaking of which, another thing I felt was great about the game was that the pacing was pretty fantastic. The break points are a really nice touch as well.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Luiza S. Carvalho
Eggplant Wizard (+300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFolkBlues View Post
I had to restart Din's Trial after getting all but one or two of the tears and that was pretty annoying.
Exactly that. Plus the fact that it takes one... ONE hit... and it's all over. You can't fight back, you can barely dodge. And then you have to go through all the hard work all over again, you can't pick up where you left off. The scene it shows every time the guardians awoke was annoying and my nerves couldn't take all the anxiety when they were awake, or when you were doing so good, but suddenly fell into a trap, be it the water or the poe things with the lamps. We had not one of these, not two, but FOUR increasingly big trials. I guess one can tell by now how deep my hatred for these trials go haha.

[b]Also taking part in these awesome projects: SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness, Final Fantasy IX.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I didn't experience extreme difficulty with it but that scene that it shows every time annoyed me to no end. The game has a really incoherent theme where they do some things to streamline the gameplay like dashing, leaping, no pause item screen, and then they do all these things to break the flow, it's like giving a massive team 5 years to make this game was too much for Nintendo to keep them all on the same page