ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 01-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Luigi (+2000)

Send a message via AIM to jordex Send a message via MSN to jordex
funky monkey

im gonna be having trouble getting this song outa my head

all of analoq's songs are so... hip

w00t this is sweet *starts singing along*
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Strider Hiryu (+5000)

Send a message via AIM to Pip is uh.....
This is the 2nd of Analoqs track's that I downloaded. The 1st being his spectacular Sonik Azure mix. When I first heard it I thought it was good but easy to pass by. I didn't listen to it much after that. Luckily one night after some hard "partyin" I came home blitzed and decided to listen to music before I went to bed. This track somehow found its way onto a cd I burned. After that I really loved the track. It's just oozing greatness. It has a real liquid feel to it. I think the mix really hits it's stride at 1:30 and after that its pure gold! Solid solid solid trippy stuff! Worth the download. Excellent job Analoq!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to DarthSonicJK
Very Awesome!

Yo Analoq i just wanted to say this is an awesome Remix :D I only heard the first 3 seconds and I knew I was gonna love it. I've heard alot of Sonic Remixes but this one, by far, is one of the best i've ever heard! I like the funky techno feel to it, I miss those kinda songs, but you have revived it. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Dark Force (+9000)

How many funky Sonic remixes are we going to have exactly? This is like the 8th time I'm once again forced to use the words groovy, funky and swell, since there are no other words to describe it.

To transform the original track into this funky arrangement sure was a tough challenge, but from what I can remember, the Special Zone didn't really have a super-happy melody to begin with, at least compared with other games.

But as djpretzel said about every instrument being special, I think his right about that point. Although you used a gigantic arsenal of different samples and thingamajings, all of them shines on their own in their way and gives this remix some extra credit. It's like a cardhouse, if you remove one the house will most probably end up in a pile.

Funky, groovy and swell stuff, that's all I can say. Good stuff. :D

Sig_Shoppe
Old 01-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Banned
Goomba (+100)

Once again...

The music is pretty cool, no doubt about that. Good base, percussion... But it does not do this melody justice. Actually, this is not my most FAVORITE Sonic 1 piece, but I kinda liked it... More could have been done with this melody besides just sitting it on one chord for most of the song. And then when it goes into the bridge, WHY does it go down to the 5th instead of the flat VII chord? Kills the original melody. Sorry, but this piece makes the original melody sound boring and uninteresting. What's going on sounds really awesome, but more could have been done in terms of creative re-interpretation on the part of the chords, and maybe even the melody.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Abobo (+600)

Word, yo.
This reminds me of like an urban street walking music. I could see this blaring out of some boombox of some hipster walking down the street somewhere.
Completely groovy and funky. Slightly hazy, trippy, and airheaded. Perfect for any happy-go-lucky mood.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

It develops a decent groove, but from there is on autopilot. This would make fantastic background music, but as is, I'm not really drawn to it. Decent but not amazing for me.

Tags
guitar, happy, funk, synth