Old 04-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Ryan Thompson
Dracula (+2750)

2006 has indeed been a great year for the site -- perhaps the most awaited site project (Chrono Symphonic) has been released, in addition to Chipamp, making listening to all of the chiptunes much more user-friendly.

I was first introduced to the site upon asking DC13 where he was getting all of this awesome music about six years ago, and while I think I would have ended up with a music degree anyway, OCR certainly pushed me along that path.

Thanks to everyone involved with the creation and maintenance of the site, but especially to DJP for putting so much into our collective happiness. :p

By the way, the site definitely needs a Starcraft remix soon. :p

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Carlos
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

Good job running the site, been here since 02, signed up for the forums way later, don't really post but I have watched the development of the site, here's to another prominent year.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Joe Musashi (+7000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

so I just decided that at some point in my life I am going to hang out with djp and discuss the effects of this website on our respective lives

see you sometime within the next few years, dave

Clicky Clicky Clicky
Old 06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Olivier Lambert
Sheng Long (+10000)

While I am an avid listener, I am no where near a major part of the music aspect of the website. (The one song I felt that maybe was so good compared to my other work that it may get it was rejected so fast I never even received the form letter.) I will say this however, the community aspect has been an important impact on my life, probably greater than the music aspect. For the last 5 years, I have been coming here constantly (and even after an extended break, which means I missed the original posting of this thread, I still return), and this probably the best internet community around.

OCR's music may be what made it famous, but in my opinion, what made it legendary is the people that are involved. From an admin that created a website that probably changed the North American perception of videogame music to the lovable yet mindless troll, this community is an amazing example of what the internet should be about.

I have to say, I am rather pleased to see the changes that are happening. Some initiatives show a desire to make the OCR community grow beyond videogame musics, and in a sense, it is the one change I was hoping to see. The judging process, the remix posting, all of these things are so obscure to me, but the community, this is the one part of the website I really understand and care for. By helping this community develop you will only strengthen OCR.

Yes, this is a late post, but I think this is a thread everyone should post in at least once. OCR has an impact on our lives, and we should all at least thank djp for what he is doing.

So there you go: Thank you djp, you are doing an amazing job.

See my blog, read stories, comment on them.
Formerly known as Radical Dreamer.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Justin M, Judge, Portrait of a Plumber Director
Ryu (+1750)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer View Post
Yes, this is a late post, but I think this is a thread everyone should post in at least once. OCR has an impact on our lives, and we should all at least thank djp for what he is doing.

So there you go: Thank you djp, you are doing an amazing job.
Seconded,

I was a lurker for years before joining the site and have only recently began to "contribute" musically. I can definitely say, though, that this has been a huge catalyst in my music deveopment - starting with (modest attempts at) remixing, but now moving on to other parts of my life. Thanks, DJP
Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Joe Musashi (+7000)

before I discovered ocremix, i listened to video game midis and nothing else.

i'm not kidding.