OCR00993 - Streets of Rage "Trippin' on the Bridge"

How coincidental is it that I post a story about how Gecko affects my life (in the shower), and then a few hours later, a new remix by him arrives. Do you know what this means? I AM THE MASTER OF THE COSMOS!!!!!!

Or something.

I don't know if this one is shower-dancing quality. It doesn't really have that kind of jumpy, bubbly sound to it, but that's not to say it isn't awesome. Because it is. It's awesome on a whole other level. Mellow, but at the same time, you can totally groove to it. I like stuff like that.

One minor minor gripe.... I don't care for the exit. Kinda sounds like you weren't totally sure to end it, so you just found a beat and faded it out. Not a big deal though, doesn't hurt the song one whit.

This one's a keeper.

I like it. I like all of the processing that was done. For instance the old record player piano effect goes well.

However, im upset with the violin. maybe its just me, but it sounds like the velocity is jumping around too wide. The motif itself sounds great though. well thats my only complaint. That and the way it ended hehe.

i like this rendition anyway, so good job!

Here Gecko gives us another "Trippin' " mix to add to our collections. I like this little mix. Nothin screams out at me as being wrong. And nothing really blows me away. It's just a good little Streets of Rage mix. I like the Band filter on the piano, sounded like a poor recording. The violin was a nice change, and the bass was sweet. I also like the free filtering done on the synth in the background of the violin section. Nice Work! :nicework:

Well, I've been here since you started and always downloaded your stuff. I've lived through your improvement. This is by far your best..that I can remember, its very cool music to chill out too. The bass sound kicks, and pretty much every sounds are top notch. I dont know the original, but I will still keep this jewel. The drums at the begining are dry, but awsome. But I like them dry anyways. Nothing more to say but SWEET.

-Gman

Well, I'll be honest. I almost didn't download this. I did not like "Streets of Rage," in fact, I hate the entire genre in which that game belongs to. However, I am a bog fan og Gecko's work, so I downloaded it.

In terms of the song, it's good, and the baseline is awesome. However, I feel it's a bit minimalist. Maybe it could have used some more instruments or something. It felt...empty. Furthermore, the original song itself holds no meaning for me. So, I liked it, and any fans of "Streets of Rage" should download it, but, sadly, it will not grace my playlist.

I was kinda a fan of the game for a little while. Kinda cheesy, better side-scrolling fighters out there. However, the music for the game was really catchy, and this remix fits the bill perfectly. Onto the playlist you go... 8)

I'm not a fan of Streets of Rage music. And I've never found a previous SoR remix listenable in any way but a diversion, or something to torture myself with when I'm bored.

This, however, pwnz me. Thanks for makin' an otherwise cool night a little bit cooler. :)

Gecko Yamori + Streets of Rage = A good day for Acheron.

This and his other SoR mixes have convinced me that if 3D Ages can't get Yuzo Koshiro to redo the soundtrack for their rerelease/update, they should get Gecko Yamori.

I wasn't too impressed by this mix until I hit the ultra-delicious electric piano (is it a wurlitzer?) sound around 0:50. Everything was uphill from there too :) But my thoughts return to the EP... it just sounds so warm and gorgeous. The record/tape noise is a really nice, creative addition to it too.

I thought the violin sounded really good actually. It's got a little cheez to the sound, but that's appropriate for this kind of style... Besides, it's hard to get violins to sound good.

Anyway, this is really wonderful. I thought SoR and SoR 2 were some of the best games of the genre, and musically some of the best games ever. I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Anyway, this is really great. Thanks Gecko.

Fray.

This is really cool :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the intro, with the piano and the trumpets (? my musical knowlege is below par). Cant describe that feeling but it just feels so right. So retro, so 70/80ies, so SOR, so perfect. I would so love to play SOR with the entire soundtrack remixed in the same vein i.e very very loud retro style.

The ending however feels very rushed. Like you couldnt be bothered doing anything else so you just slapped it on. An extended version would be nice or a better ending.

Gecko Yamori you do good! :)

Great work. I honestly thought about passing this one up. I'm glad I didnt because I really enjoy the different style applied to this peice. It really touched down on familiar roots but yet kept a certain new-ness to it thats hard to explain. Definately give this one a listen to :)!!

• 2 weeks later...

OHHHH MY... this is a pieeeece of cake! very well arranged and near the original and love the original one, the piano, violin, backgrounds, special effects is very perfect and I can say after the first minute things started!! and all the others seems too good for me. thanx for your perfect new remix. :D

but there is one thing I didn't like the piano was too loud, seems like middle frequencies, I don't know maybe Gecko Yamori wanted it like that to deliver a special feel, anyway Gecko Yamori you did a great job I waiting for you next Remix :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Mostly a sound upgrade with a few flourishes and some additional personalization, I really loved the warm piano with the record crackle effect, and throughout, the soundscape keeps changing, but always sounds cohesive, due to that bass and drums. Even the solo violin sounded decent.

A pretty groovin track, even though the drums are pretty mechanical.

This mix has held up pretty well, and is a good listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00993 - Streets of Rage "Trippin' on the Bridge"
  • 7 years later...