OCR01843 - Civilization IV "Destined for Greatness"

Usually I don't have a problem with random cumshots, but this time it just completely took me out of the mood. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to put them in EVERYTHING.

That aside, this is a bold and generally successful attempt at arranging one of the more intimidating tracks in VG music. Kudos!

Usually I don't have a problem with random cumshots, but this time it just completely took me out of the mood. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to put them in EVERYTHING.

LIES. taucer specifically requested one in this song, so i had to suffice. it's pretty clear where i took over on the arrangement of the track, and that's the dividing line. i thought it was a suitable transition =)

soulinether, taucer sounds fantastic, doesn't he? like i said in the writeup, they were originally just open fifths, but his voice is really easy to melodyne because of his tone. so it came out with him sounding just as good as if it was live.

dunther, i saw that on my rss feed, too. i think it was just a glitch in the feed itself.

LIES. taucer specifically requested one in this song, so i had to suffice. it's pretty clear where i took over on the arrangement of the track, and that's the dividing line. i thought it was a suitable transition =)

Well, the original did, afterall, have the one of most epic cumshots ever.

soulinether, taucer sounds fantastic, doesn't he? like i said in the writeup, they were originally just open fifths, but his voice is really easy to melodyne because of his tone. so it came out with him sounding just as good as if it was live.

Cool. Good to know.

dunther, i saw that on my rss feed, too. i think it was just a glitch in the feed itself.

Saw it on the site itself; it came up and then went down. Dave said, in short, he made some mistakes while putting it up and had to take it down to fix them.

ZOMG can Brad get posted without a direct post!? Haha awesome you two! The synth solo was unexpected but was awesome. It really provided a nice change of pace to the song. The breakout section felt a lil too over-compressed in comparison to the very soft opening section with all its subtle dynamics. This is not a deal breaker by any means. Love the irish flute solo!

Well, what can I say, that was excellent. The second half of the piece really lends dynamics and a tighter structure to what might otherwise have been a peaceful, yet potentially repetitive piece, turning it into a veritable epic for the ages.

I really love the work both of you guys do, keep on tranglin'.

Man, it was a complete surprise for this remix to appear all of a sudden. I still remember Taucer posting a WIP of this a few years back that contained only the first half of the track with out Prophet's involvement. Obviously, that first half has been refined a lot since then. The vocals are a lot clearer and the bongo drums are cool. Just love the whole Lion King vibe it portrays.

The switch-up to Celtic rock kind of surprised me, but I really love it. Just wish that the electric guitars were less muddier and more clear.

Excellent work, guys. Makes me want to listen to the actual soundtrack.

Yey!!! We get our second Christian song on the site! I love it! Introducing the second half as a rock song was a wonderful idea. But as ppl have said, it would have been great if we had some more of the lyrics in the later parts. Other than that, this is an instant favorite.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01843 - Civilization IV "Destined for Greatness"