OverClocked After Dark - The Former Thread of Days of Yore

Brushfire

It's fine, honestly. Next time we need a webcast recording, we'll give you a heads-up. I underestimated how difficult it was going to be to record 3 people in the same room over skype and get a capture of the stream as well. Even with three computers, it ended up failing cause the ONLY MAC in the Macgyver'd rig was the one recording the steam and it botched. So much for Macs being the ultra-reliable ease-machines of lore :razz:

Chalk it up to a learning experience, we move on in stride. We didn't even do any of the mixes left in our to-do list. Next destination: The MAGFest-acular Beard&Hug-a-thon w/Mandatory Robes. I'm doing hardcore reliability testing on the hardware this week to make sure NOTHING fails. I'll even be bringing two laptops to make sure if something messes up, we have a backup. You can plan for 99 issues, but it's always the one you don't plan on that shows up. So I'm planning for 101 issues.

Mr. Brushfire will also be doing some nice video recordings of stuff that occurs, whatever the antics end up being. Should hopefully have things uploaded and ready within a week of MAG being over, because we like you all. We like you all a lot.

Someone on a game of Left 4 Dead 2 said I should be on the show. I can't remember who, or why, but they were somewhat insistent about it.

Did you people not realize I shouldn't be given a soapbox to shout from? I say horrible things all the time.

Sooner or later I'll need to hijack that first post so I can have my way with it, without cameras to ruin the fun and nasty things. You've been a naughty little original post, haven- wait, where was I?

Oh, yes. For that whole poker-manz: the missing link project, or something. It will be organized closer to the release date. Which means you need to go and firmly establish that release date. Go! SHOO! I await your return with baited breath, young zombie-killer.

Sooner or later I'll need to hijack that first post so I can have my way with it, without cameras to ruin the fun and nasty things. You've been a naughty little original post, haven- wait, where was I?

Oh, yes. For that whole poker-manz: the missing link project, or something. It will be organized closer to the release date. Which means you need to go and firmly establish that release date. Go! SHOO! I await your return with baited breath, young zombie-killer.

Looking to be April or May now. March 1st is looking to be bust, according to the Pretz himself.

Following Stevo's advice from some time ago, I've finally managed to find the thread, like 2 years after everyone else. ;D

So I've been playing catch up with seven heavily packed and politically incorrect episodes, forming this uncanny cocktail of roughness and subtility...

Wait, screw subtility: OCAD is a dish best served RAW, and you're never prepared for what comes next.

So far, I've had the opportunity to witness the show's progression in a very short amount of time.

It has evolved from a funny convo between friends, full of 'dood', private jokes and audio artifacts, to a more efficient yet still funny and enjoyable experience.

In the beginning, I was inevitably comparing it to NGI's podcast, wishing it were more structured at times.

But I soon realized that the randomness was what made it so entertaining. The unexpected/hilarious factor is what kept me coming back.

I've choked on my food several times already, thanks mostly to Deven, but also to Brak...er, I mean bLiNd. ;)

As a result, you've got yet another subscriber to the feed.

Anyway, I wish you guys a great time at MAG. Enjoy yourselves, and go crazy celebrating 2010.

Following Stevo's advice from some time ago, I've finally managed to find the thread, like 2 years after everyone else. ;D

So I've been playing catch up with seven heavily packed and politically incorrect episodes, forming this uncanny cocktail of roughness and subtility...

Wait, screw subtility: OCAD is a dish best served RAW, and you're never prepared for what comes next.

So far, I've had the opportunity to witness the show's progression in a very short amount of time.

It has evolved from a funny convo between friends, full of 'dood', private jokes and audio artifacts, to a more efficient yet still funny and enjoyable experience.

In the beginning, I was inevitably comparing it to NGI's podcast, wishing it were more structured at times.

But I soon realized that the randomness was what made it so entertaining. The unexpected/hilarious factor is what kept me coming back.

I've choked on my food several times already, thanks mostly to Deven, but also to Brak...er, I mean bLiNd. ;)

As a result, you've got yet another subscriber to the feed.

Anyway, I wish you guys a great time at MAG. Enjoy yourselves, and go crazy celebrating 2010.

Okay, who paid you to say semi-nice things about us? Was it Joey? Tell Joey he can keep his money but he ain't getting my toes, damnit. That's the last time I borrow money from the Aquarium Mafia...

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Yes, we have grown considerably in a very short time, trying to get the best balance between structure and unstructure. Only time will tell if it was worth it, and coming from someone like you, Mr. Mokram, this means a good bit.

Tell your food to watch out: more choking opportunities are coming. Starting with the next episode...

So TMFTBAHAT went extremely well. Three folks walked away winners (Newt, winning himself an autographed Chun-Li Statuette. Cerrax and Cyrilthewolf who won The ShaggyFreaks Album, a Clan OCR flag, and a comic. Ashamee won a signed copy of FFIV: EoBLoR)

Thank you to the huge number of folks that came out and made this one of the least buggy podcasts yet.

Video to come too!

EDIT: We now have a webcomic, for some reason.

tltdg00.png

Lol thanks, Brushfire. I'd say that was a fitting end to the last day of MAG. 2010 couldn't be starting off on a better foot for me, and I'm beyond thankful for everything.

Well we all (at least as far as I know) got back safe and sound from M8. I got myself a nice new lunchbox for being a super supporter, which is awesome cause my old one was busting up. I'll be writing up all my reflections on MAGFest 8 in-total soon and posting them in the thread, while still taking advantage of seeing everyone who's still in the area. Expect some more OCAD-focused news here sometime this week as I gather all my brain-goop back into my head and attempt to face the dreaded horrors of the real world.

Some things you can expect very soon though:

* An updated guest list. At the moment, with all confirmed, prospective, and currently in-talk guests, we have cool people planing to come on from now until friggin' October, more-or-less! Now to figure out how to organize it all and make sure we didn't forget anyone. (apologies to all guests who want to return ASAP, but we'll be figuring out the best way to please everyone)

* A MAGFest 8 "Reflection in Video". We have footage of most of the OCR panel and at little over half of our podcast there, and someone else has footage of the second half that we missed due to the camera dying. Should be pretty cool and will hopefully have it out sometime between now and the next MAGFest.

* The amazing OCAD video made by José the Bronx Rican. Planning on uploading to the ewe-toob sometime and will link when it is up.

* All the usual insanity, AND THEN SOME!

Great seeing such an awesome turnout to the con, the OCR panel, our podcast, and everything else. Really awesome to see that we had more than four fans (but now I lost a bet to Epicenter because of it, and will be forced to do unmentionable things for my incorrectness) and got to hang out with everyone.

I have run out of words for now so.....bye!

Double-post like double-bubble bubble gum!

I'll be editing the audio for the magcast and posting it, in whatever condition it is in, as soon as I can. It probably turned out a lot worse than I thought, and you're getting your warning now about lots of sound and mic pops and unequal levels and everything. Take it for what it's worth, and it'll probably be a ton better once video shows up for lip-reading/context reference usage.

I'm aware. I look like a twelve year old with big eyes in a funny hat that fell face-first onto magnetic fuzzy-felt for form a beard-like structure.

That's what I wanted. :nicework:

Edit: Umm...bad news...the first half of the magfest audio got some weird fucking sound corruption. I'm trying to search for a recovery file, but right now it's not looking too good.

I place the blame 100% with HP, and this shitty-ass laptop that crashed audacity every time I tried to open it. FUCK YOU, HP!