OCR02029 - Metroid Prime "Samus's Lonesome Waltz"

I liked this. I was a little hesitant because I'm not a fan of metal but I didn't find it to be a big deal here. I really liked this take of a great intro theme, including the acoustic opening in this mix. But I definitely feel like the artist gave us a cool new take on the main source. Nice work!

Definitely wasn't expecting that intro. Interesting way to start off a great remix.

Seconded fully. It sort of tricked me as to the direction you were going to go with your remix, and while I normally hate it when people try to trick me (or on rare occasion succeed), I definitely enjoyed being tricked this time! I also thought you did a really great job expanding on the source, using enough of it to keep me hooked and wanting more while at the same time showcasing your own material. Great stuff.

Sick remix. When I saw another Metroid Prime remix, I wasn't expecting the title sequence. Overall a great remix. I always love the heavier remixes here, and this is probably the best one I've heard yet. I've always been a fan of acoustic intros to metal songs. Great job, looking forward to hearing more of your work in the future.

Wow. Nothing I can type here will express the joy I'm feeling while listening to this. This is very well done, very melodic metal. A lot of metal remixers forget to involve the melodic hooks and epic movements in exchange for shredding. I'm happy to hear the high level of detail and emotion put into this performance!

The guitars have a bit too much crunch compared to other songs but within itself, it sounds fine, and my ears quickly adapted.

There's almost no information on this guy on his artist profile -- where'd he come from? I did a quick google and it looks like he's possibly in a band and such.. not able to confirm it though.

Hey, thank you all for your kind words. No, I didn't mean to trick anyone :razz:, the intro was intended to capture the sandy, rusty atmosphere of chozo ruins, thus, i didn't change the old strings :razz:. It's likely the silence before the storm.

Yes, I've been playing in bands forever, mostly metal bands, but through my studies i came in touch with jazz, maybe this style is what i am focusing on next. But as with this remix, i am always being influenced by the memories that are brought back by particular games and their compositions.

P.S.: I am from Germany, added this to my profile, don't know why it's not displayed.

I am really digging the quasi-Opeth feel to this - it has a lot more determination behind it, rather than despair, though, and once the entire arrangement gets kicked up, it is exceptionally driving. Great playing and some very tasteful and interesting drumming keep this awesome throughout.

You don't often hear the term "elegant and classy" applied to metal, but this mix shows that it not only that it's possible, but can potentially sound effortless.

Super props, this mix is incredible. :-)

Wow fantastic work. Really awesome instrumentation. I agree with everyone whose given positive feedback. My only gripe would be the voice sample halfway through. The SM3 sample is not that great ... we've heard it a million times and even tho I absolutely love SM3 I think it is a slightly overrated sample and I struggling to find the connection between it and the music you've so artfully produced. It turns a track that could standalone into a kinda geeky track which is fine but slightly spoils the fun for me. Congrats tho... can't fault you on the guitarwork. Gold!!

I have to admit, this is a track I honestly didn't think could even *be* remixed, outside of some sort of "Trance/Techno" thing. But this track really blew me away; it had a lot of variety, especially given how simple the original was.

In short, this is one of those tracks that makes me hold OCR so highly.

Sick remix. When I saw another Metroid Prime remix, I wasn't expecting the title sequence.

Really?

..... Really? You weren't expecting the title theme? It's probably the best track (closely followed by Phendrana drifts) that is original to the game.

Yup, this is good. Granted, I have listened to the metroid metal remixes and countless youtube covers, but this is fantastic if for nothing else than having that awesome intro. Yup, nothing else constructive to say other than some fanboyism.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02029 - Metroid Prime "Samus's Lonesome Waltz"