OCR @ Otakon 2010! (July 31st, 6-8PM, Panel 3, Baltimore, MD)

Liontamer

Ho boy, I tried out the facial hair thing in college. Not a good look for me. OTOH, maybe I should cosplay as Stevo's beard.

I'm surprised it took this long to make a joke like this about my facial hair. Kudos to you for taking the step nobody else would. On a side-note, please to give pictures of the facial hair thing in college. Please?

Once the Otakon schedule is announced, then things will REALLY be under way!

Ok I'm having a party/cookout on the FRIDAY of Otakon this year (that's July 30). I can't have it on Sunday as my parents are getting back from vacation that day, and I've already got plans for Saturday.

To accommodate as many people as possible, and because I don't want too too many people over at the same time, I'm having it from Noon to 2am. If you've been to my place before, you're explicitly invited, if not, please send me a PM.

I'm completely broke so please bring something. A 6-pack (or equivalant), some kind of meat/side dish, or $5 is what I'm asking for. Try to coordinate if you're not going to bring cash so I don't end up with enough beer to last me into September (seriously this happened last year, I had to empty the keg into the street before it exploded from gas expansion). Wine is also nice to bring. I might not have enough cash to buy the right things in advance so if you know you'll be attending and won't have a chance to pick up something, consider sending 5 bucks via my paypal: xerol at xerol.org.

I'm personally providing a certain amount of meat (determined by cash-on-hand on the 29th), including hamburger and hot dogs; condiments; buns/bread; and some vegetables (both for grilling and fixins).

If you're going to pick something up, I recommend going to the Mars supermarket here. Prices there are generally better and they support local food producers. (Do NOT go to Superfresh or Giant.) This is also about a mile south of my house to get a general idea of where you'll be going. I can ferry people to/from light rail which is accessible directly outside the BCC, but may not run after 11pm or midnight, so if you're coming late make sure you have a way to get back to whereever you're staying.

If you are coming, regardless of whether you've come before, please PM me your phone number. I'll respond with mine and the address. I've recently lost a lot of numbers due to dropping my phone and having to reset it. My number's changed a few times over the last 2 years as well so this just makes sure everyone has up-to-date contact information. I probably won't be online during the BBQ so you MUST be able to reach me by phone if you have questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Like G4 would interrupt their reruns of Cops and Cheaters to show actual video game related content. :-/

Yeah really. Who wants to see video games, when we can watch high speed chases and people getting nasty during their affairs.

Whee, had so much fun! It was great to see you all. I'll upload pics to Facebook soon and post a link.

It saddened me to see how many people epic failed at the music trivia at the panel this weekend.

Yeah, I think next time we should make sure to ask for volunteers who think they really know their stuff with video game music, since they're supposed to represent the whole team. Or we can figure out some other way to do it...

whee, had so much fun! It was great to see you all. I'll upload pics to facebook soon and post a link.

Yeah, i think next time we should make sure to ask for volunteers who think they really know their stuff with video game music, since they're supposed to represent the whole team. Or we can figure out some other way to do it...

chozo chozo chozo :D

Yeah, I think next time we should make sure to ask for volunteers who think they really know their stuff with video game music, since they're supposed to represent the whole team. Or we can figure out some other way to do it...

I knew 3/4ths the vgm, and 90% of the composers since I played a lot of NES games, but didn't feel confident enough.

Sucks.