OCR01265 - Double Dragon II "Mean Streak on Main Street"

djpretzel

Ooh its by protricity

nice

doesn't keep me bored

nice guitar work!

i like the sound of the instruments, i think thats called timbre

I love the part at 3:41! then it starts again at 3:56 with a different insrument, very nice

ooh then at 4:22 it starts with a new song, thats sexy!

well done prot

Man this brought back good memories of killing my teammate on 2P mode so that I could use up his life and play the game single player with double the extra lives.

In other news, this song is tight. It is really hard these days to say a new Prot song is my favorite, since there have been so many classics, yet there has never been a song by Prot I did not thoroughly enjoy - I crave his style and wish that I had the know-how to cleanly sequence and produce music as he does. But that's the great part about OCR, not everyone has to be versatile and capable of all genres and styles of music to enjoy and contribute. However, Prot has demonstrated quite the aptitude in a plethora of musical areas, and I must commend him for a job well done on this song and also for all that he has contributed to OCR.

I don't know about any of the inner workings of the judges panel and the myths and rumors that were born behind its closed curtains, but I can say although I never got a YES from Prot, I respected his opinion and still do on a number of issues (minus notation ones) and hope he continues to impress us with his music (because this guy is bursting with potential even after so many years). Thanks for everything Ari.

I, for one, really like the way it sounds fake. It's not quite in the same vein as electronica... I'd say prot was going for that synth-trying-to-sound-real feeling, which is very reminicent of SNES games. Honestly, listening to this, I felt like I was listening to something straight from a game, rather than a mix (not to say that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it). Can't really compare it to the original, because I never really played it much, but I have to say that this one was definately worth my 6 minutes and 2 seconds.

I give it 7 out of 10ish.

I, for one, really like the way it sounds fake. It's not quite in the same vein as electronica... I'd say prot was going for that synth-trying-to-sound-real feeling, which is very reminicent of SNES games. Honestly, listening to this, I felt like I was listening to something straight from a game, rather than a mix (not to say that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it). Can't really compare it to the original, because I never really played it much, but I have to say that this one was definately worth my 6 minutes and 2 seconds.

I give it 7 out of 10ish.

My sentiments exactly. To the letter.

This song was bouncing and had a completely different tone due to the sounds used.

The low quality sounds were arranged amazingly though, and the song just flowed and pretended like the low qual sounds weren't even there.

I find the song may have been too long for this style. The song was good, but not over and over.

Not much to say about this, but it is not my favorite prot mix. but c is for cookie, is good enough for me.

Protricity, I'm sorry to hear that you got booted from the Judge's Panel for being too awesome. I hope you will still make good remixes and bear my children.

As for this remix, it didn't really do much for me. I can vaguely recall just one theme from DD2, and about the only thing else I remember from the game is some lame platform jumping room with gears. I love it when they put platform jumping in games that don't have good jumping controls. Fuck that game and my traumatic childhood.

Oh well, Neighburgers still gives me a hard-on every time I listen to it.

C:D!!!!!1111eleven

This song is so god damn good and it's gotten some "it doesn't do much for me" responses. That just annoys me. Ridiculously creative and I actually liked it much more than neighburgers. 7 out of 10??? What the hell is that? Thats like a C Minus. I give it 10 out of 10. There's no such thing as perfection, but it seems to me that this song gets all of it's "points" across flawlessly. That is the equivalent of perfection when it comes to composition. This basically means that anything you didn't like about the piece is an issue of personal taste and does not reflect on the quality of the song itself.

This song is so god damn good and it's gotten some "it doesn't do much for me" responses. That just annoys me. Ridiculously creative and I actually liked it much more than neighburgers. 7 out of 10??? What the hell is that? Thats like a C Minus. I give it 10 out of 10. There's no such thing as perfection, but it seems to me that this song gets all of it's "points" across flawlessly. That is the equivalent of perfection when it comes to composition. This basically means that anything you didn't like about the piece is an issue of personal taste and does not reflect on the quality of the song itself.

I couldn't agree with you more. This song is genious. The composition is incredible, and I absolutely love the sound of the samples used (Mega Man X, anyone?). Quite possibly my favorite Protricity mix of them all. Ari, I feel like I should be paying you for this shit.

I would have to agree with the judges: great style, funk, and real ATTITUDE especially at the start, however the samples were far below par. It takes much away from the song in my opinion.

Talented arrangement, however.. I would have given it a NO, personally.. But this is only because I would love to see it redone with better samples. :>

Funk? Sounded more like a midi rip! Nothing sounded real, and I don’t think it's on purpose. This song was definitely a let down, and I'll give you 2 reasons.

-The song really didn’t go anywhere, the structure of the song was limited to just a couple of instruments which made the song drag it's dodo on the carpet.

-The songs instruments are some horrible instruments used. This doesn’t stand up to OC's quality of things. I'm just saying. Kind of hard to realized this as any good...

The songs mastering was wonderful, the song sounded wide and beautiful at best but that’s about it. I have heard better, fully mastered, songs that get rejected in this community.

I know the judges will always stand by what they believe in, but let’s just say Protcity didn’t compose this. lets say some unknown person put this piece together. I don’t think this would get passed as OC material. Thought a speculation, this song will eventually go nowhere, people will forget and movie on. More space wasted at OC.

Protricity, I'm sorry to hear that you got booted from the Judge's Panel for being too awesome. I hope you will still make good remixes and bear my children.

Yeah, I'm sorry Prot had to leave as well. He actually judged one of my submissions quite nicely even though he said "This poo gets the NO foo!"

No matter how many people hate him or how many people think he's a fag or were abused by him calling them a fag or by something else "faggy" that Protricity did, I have no qualms with the guy. He's a great judge of music and a good electronic sequencer/mixer.

This song isn't as good as his other DK arrangements, but I love whatever he puts out. Great Japanese feel to the game. :nicework:

8/10

I know the judges will always stand by what they believe in, but let’s just say Protcity didn’t compose this. lets say some unknown person put this piece together. I don’t think this would get passed as OC material. Thought a speculation, this song will eventually go nowhere, people will forget and movie on. More space wasted at OC.

So the entire judges panel and DJ Pretzel are wrong in saying that it's a good remix and that you are right? Sounds like you're trying to say that OCR is an elitist community, which it very much is not.

This song was fun and happy, but there was no real "wow" factor, as they say, and in addition I haven't played the original. Nonetheless I've always been a fan of Protricity.

And oh my god man, OCR is one of the biggest elitist communities around. The forums here are damn near intolerable. The IRC chat has some good people, but even the people I like the most there are, despite being awesome, elitist prigs most of the time. It's what happens when you have a community dedicated to an original and noble cause, which is succeeding well and just doing a wonderful thing for the world, and when this community knows it. You're all elitist bastards, but I guess as long as it ends up with wonderful music being put out, that's all that matters.

So the entire judges panel and DJ Pretzel are wrong in saying that it's a good remix and that you are right? Sounds like you're trying to say that OCR is an elitist community, which it very much is not.

Thats off subject buddy, PM me if you wanna talk about this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01265 - Double Dragon II "Mean Streak on Main Street"