Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011

DarkeSword

There seems to be a lot of talk about "starting early." I figured it wouldn't need to be said but don't start your mixes early. Obviously I can't enforce this but we should all try to play fair and adhere to the start and stop times. It's good to be competitive but lets try to maintain a sense of sportsmanship.

I wasn't trying to be a bad "sport" by starting early....I was just trying to be smart with my time. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, and I didn't think I'd be looked down upon, and considered to have no sense of sportsmanship.

I finished the mix in (WELL) less than a week anyway, so is it really that big of a deal?

In any event, I'd like to apologize to Starphoenix, my opponent in this round, for starting earlier than the starting date.

EDIT: Also, it had been implied in earlier posts on this thread that there isn't a designated time when you have to start. I was under the impression that if you knew you were going to win and you knew who you were going up against, you could start as early as you wanted.

In other news, my apologies to ImmoralBlack. I missed one of your votes and I've added you back into the results.

I've re-uploaded the zip file for this week's mixes because I forgot the album art in the tags. Grab the files again, or wait until the very very end of the competition in a month or two when I post ONE BIG ZIP WITH ALL THE REMIXES.

I wasn't trying to be a bad "sport" by starting early....I was just trying to be smart with my time. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, and I didn't think I'd be looked down upon, and considered to have no sense of sportsmanship.

I finished the mix in (WELL) less than a week anyway, so is it really that big of a deal?

In any event, I'd like to apologize to Starphoenix, my opponent in this round, for starting earlier than the starting date.

EDIT: Also, it had been implied in earlier posts on this thread that there isn't a designated time when you have to start. I was under the impression that if you knew you were going to win and you knew who you were going up against, you could start as early as you wanted.

I didn't start early because I wanted to be respectful of others. >: (

Just kidding, it's fine. All I care about is actually finishing my piece this time... :\

I was thinking about starting my next mix early, but... well, that ended up not being a great idea, in retrospect :tomatoface:.

That was a great fight, man :D It could have gone either way, and we definitely both deserved to win that battle.

Maybe sometime in the future we can work together on something, if you're interested :D

I think my mix needs a little explanation about all the wonky transitions in it.

The initial idea with my song was to sort of a dueling themes song where the two themes are constantly interrupting and trying to one up each other,

gaining intensity as it goes on then eventually playing in harmony, ala dueling consoles.

I kind of fell short on it and I wasn't feeling to great about what i had gotten down so far around thursday, I was thinking about scrapping it, but there wasn't enough time to start another mix.

I had a lot of trouble trying to get both of the themes to mesh so i just sort of did a quick wrap up of what i had friday night and sent it in.

I'm not making excuses or anything about my song it's just the way it happened.

I didn't want to post anything about it until alot of the initial votes came in because the music should speak for itself, and i didn't want to appear to be a whiny loser.

So there you have it.

Don't let this little explanation affect any of the future voters either.

Edit: as for the title i originally had the idea to call it "Dueling Robots" but i don't know if everyone would of gotten the reference, and it would of came off as very generic.

I was also throwing the Amphibian Flare around a bit too. but since i feel i fell short on my mix i just went with that ridiculous title i came up with in like 20 seconds.

I think my mix need a little explanation about all the wonky transitions in it.

The initial idea with my song was to sort of a dueling themes song where the two themes are constantly interrupting and trying to one up each other,

gaining intensity as it goes on then eventually playing in harmony, ala dueling consoles.

I kind of fell short on it and I wasn't feeling to great about what i had gotten down so far around thursday, I was thinking about scrapping it, but there wasn't enough time to start another mix.

I had a lot of trouble trying to get both of the themes to mesh so i just sort of did a quick wrap up of what i had friday night and sent it in.

I'm not making excuses or anything about my song it's just the way it happened.

I didn't want to post anything about it until alot of the initial votes came in because the music should speak for itself, and i didn't want to appear to be a whiny loser.

So there you have it.

Don't let this little explanation affect any of the future voters either.

Edit: as for the title i originally had the idea to call it "Dueling Robots" but i don't know if everyone would of gotten the reference, and it would of came off as very generic.

I was also throwing the Amphibian Flare around a bit too. but since i feel i fell short on my mix i just went with that ridiculous title i came up with in like 20 seconds.

I actually thought your arrangement was well done, I think I just was taken off guard by how loud it started. I was also not voting against your track title, I was mostly pointing it out

I actually thought your arrangement was well done, I think I just was taken off guard by how loud it started. I was also not voting against your track title, I was mostly pointing it out

Yeah just some people commenting on the title I'm not really singling you or anyone out about it,(your comment actually made me laugh pretty hard actually) I'm just sort of explaining things as it is sort of an odd track at times.

I'm glad people are enjoying it though that's was really the main goal, tbh i felt like what i had made was garbage at times last week, but then I'm a fairly self detrimental artist in general.

Don't you love it when you're starting to vote and then your charger breaks down. Yeah...that's why I haven't voted on the rest of the remixes yet.

Also, after next round (Mega Man Round 2) I won't be able to vote due to the fact that I'm working at an overnight summer camp where there is limited access to a computer. So yeah I'm going to miss most of the competition...:cry:

Voters - if you have the time to comment on both mixes, I really encourage you to do so. I'm mostly here to say a huge "Thank You" to the people who have.

Guys, I can't tell you all how excited I am by the comments on my mix. Yes, most of them had plenty of (legitimate) criticism along with it, but considering this is my first attempt at a remix at all, any positive feedback is really motivating.

As for the production/arrangement/style issues, I still have lots to learn, especially about production. Don't need to take up anymore space on this thread for that, though. I'll be putting this in the WIP forums if anyone has time to pick it apart for me and help me flesh it out.

It's been an honor being a part of the contest, and a big congrats to my opponent Neblix, both on a slick entry for the compo, and his first appearance on the front page, just a few minutes ago :nicework:

(Just out of curiosity, Neblix, because it's been bothering me...do you spell that with a capital or lowercase 'n'?)

Voters - if you have the time to comment on both mixes, I really encourage you to do so. I'm mostly here to say a huge "Thank You" to the people who have.

Guys, I can't tell you all how excited I am by the comments on my mix. Yes, most of them had plenty of (legitimate) criticism along with it, but considering this is my first attempt at a remix at all, any positive feedback is really motivating.

As for the production/arrangement/style issues, I still have lots to learn, especially about production. Don't need to take up anymore space on this thread for that, though. I'll be putting this in the WIP forums if anyone has time to pick it apart for me and help me flesh it out.

It's been an honor being a part of the contest, and a big congrats to my opponent Neblix, both on a slick entry for the compo, and his first appearance on the front page, just a few minutes ago :nicework:

(Just out of curiosity, Neblix, because it's been bothering me...do you spell that with a capital or lowercase 'n'?)

As a formal artist name, Neblix. But my usernames tend to be neblix. I think you had a great entry, just didn't have the ability to execute it the way you intended. Just keep practicing. If you had better production and filled the sonic space more, I would've been in trouble. xD