OCR02298 - Chrono Trigger "where threads connect"

djpretzel

It's nice to see this piece of music get some love. I love Chrono Trigger remixes but there are only so many times you can hear remixes of "Schala" before you want something different.

This is a great piece of music. I like the juxtapositioning of the violin with the synth-y background. The whole thing has a very spacey, sweeping sound to it that I like a lot.

Yes. Yes. YES!

I have been waiting a long time to hear a great Epoch ReMix, and this completely blew my expectations. This is easily one of the coolest ReMixes I have ever heard.

It's been a long time since I've been able to close my eyes and have a song take me somewhere else, but this is what this song does. It takes me to a completely new place and I love that. That feel you went for -- that being in the time machine feeling -- is evoked perfectly.

Thank you very much for this. This is brilliant, beautiful, and inspiring.

thanks so much for your comments guys! making this piece was a huge pleasure and as always, a learning experience for me. big ups to amaterasu as well for his masterful violin playing.

yes, there is an album in the works! check it here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36932. gonna drop october 7th, so relatively soon.

also, if i could call your attention over to 4:04.. any ideas as to what that is?.. :)

This song is AMAZING. I've been following the WIPs for ages and seeing it posted on the site now really made my day.

However, I'm still undecided if I like this more than the last WIP I heard. The differences are small to be sure, but I'm unsure about the beefier synths and slight crackling that can be heard in this updated version. I do adore the new instrument at 2:50, but I think I'll keep the WIP in my collection too, even if it does have a little more clipping.

Looking forward to Singularity hugely!

This take on the Epoch theme is an absolute delight to the ears. :)

melody's cool and refreshing jazz-electro vibe brings an indeniable touch of smoothness (and coolness) to the source.

Amaterasu's violin parts are strikingly beautiful and really makes this piece shine, bringing out the emotion in the process.

Combine both and you get the recipe for an intense voyage through time and space that will leave a permanent mark in your mind and your heart.

A truly moving blend of electronic and acoustic elements that brings a nostalgic smile to your face and transports you to a far away place.

No matter whether you're a diehard fan of Chrono Trigger or a hater of all things Squeenix.

If you love music in general and video game music in particular, you owe it to yourself to listen to this fantastic arrangement.

Thanks to both of you for creating such a brillant and highly enjoyable piece, and congrats on the mixpost. :nicework:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02298 - Chrono Trigger "where threads connect"