VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

Rayza

I'd say this was the most enjoyable show so far, for me. Thanks for making another day of work less tiring!

Also, I demand a zircon mix (a la pixie/wingless mix), it's about frickin' time!

While zircon undoubtedly deserves a zircmix, the more time that passes before that happens, the more entertaining the mix will become, as it will have more varied sound clips. I'd say give it a month or so longer. And then start asking.

That would actually be so cool. I would do it myself had there been a couple of things not holding me back right now :( but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, this is a method that I actually give all due credit to DistantJ. When I wanted to call onto VG Frequency for the first time, I mentioned it in the VGMix chatterbox and he pointed out Telediscount. He saw it as the way to be able to call his peers (was it his girlfriend?) from abroad. So I used that and followed the instructions to get onto the show the following Saturday... and many other Saturdays after that.

For VGDJ I took that method and just replaced the WMRE number with yours. So, if there's any Brits reading this, this is what you do:

* Dial the access number for calls to the United States - check here for the number, which sometimes changes once in a while.

* When it says "please enter the number you would like to call and finish by pressing the hash (#) button" you just type 00 and THEN the VGDJ number. In this case it's 001 800 990 VGDJ (8435 if you can't see any letters imprinted on your phone).

* If you hear the VGDJ intro music followed by our hosts speaking about the answering machine, you know you're at the right place.

And there we go. A viable method for British users to call to VGDJ. :)

And I'm assuming a similar method goes for us people over here.. nice, I might sometime.

Anyway, this is a method that I actually give all due credit to DistantJ. When I wanted to call onto VG Frequency for the first time, I mentioned it in the VGMix chatterbox and he pointed out Telediscount. He saw it as the way to be able to call his peers (was it his girlfriend?) from abroad. So I used that and followed the instructions to get onto the show the following Saturday... and many other Saturdays after that.

For VGDJ I took that method and just replaced the WMRE number with yours. So, if there's any Brits reading this, this is what you do:

* Dial the access number for calls to the United States - check here for the number, which sometimes changes once in a while.

* When it says "please enter the number you would like to call and finish by pressing the hash (#) button" you just type 00 and THEN the VGDJ number. In this case it's 001 800 990 VGDJ (8435 if you can't see any letters imprinted on your phone).

* If you hear the VGDJ intro music followed by our hosts speaking about the answering machine, you know you're at the right place.

And there we go. A viable method for British users to call to VGDJ. :)

Thanks Rexy, I might give it a go sometime. :wink:

I really enjoyed the Gerard Merino and Marcus Henderson interviews. They were just so laidback, and Gerard shares a lot of my views about the current direction of video games. Also, my favorite quote in the entire show:

That's what heavy metal does: it breaks hearts and breaks pinkies.

\mXm/

I just wish I could've been there for the Guitar Hero competition...

I FINALLY had a chance to sit down and listen to the new show in its entirety, and it's just as awesome as I imagined it would be. All the interviews were really informative! I was really suprised what some of those people had to say about videogame music.

Personally, the highlight for me was when the composers more or less all said "OMG VG remixes are awesome/inspirational!" as opposed to "Stop putting drum loops over my songs you #$%$!"

Personally, the highlight for me was when the composers more or less all said "OMG VG remixes are awesome/inspirational!" as opposed to "Stop putting drum loops over my songs you #$%$!"

Ditto. Tommy actually said it brings tears to their eyes. I should reiterate how absolutely wonderful all the composers were. Not only willing to be interviewed, but genuinely excited and friendly. What a great bunch of people!

Ditto. Tommy actually said it brings tears to their eyes. I should reiterate how absolutely wonderful all the composers were. Not only willing to be interviewed, but genuinely excited and friendly. What a great bunch of people!

Makes me wish I had talent so I could pay tribute too.

I take the shownotes don't allow hotlinks? Because that's what I've been thinkin' when I saw the link to the Telediscount access numbers being omitted :P I think some people from outside the community would be a little bit confused.

Anyways, I'll be sure to listen to the show. Street Fighter = <3

I take the shownotes don't allow hotlinks? Because that's what I've been thinkin' when I saw the link to the Telediscount access numbers being omitted :P I think some people from outside the community would be a little bit confused.

Anyways, I'll be sure to listen to the show. Street Fighter = <3

Oh wow, didn't catch that before. Fixed! Thank you. ^_^

Never played it. I seriously didn't even consider the possibility of pronouncing it like Abraham. (That's scary... 8O)

hry_abe_pop6.jpg

How could you say no to that face? :)

Okay, I haven't listened to this podcast yet, but what is this about Pixietricks never having played any of the Oddworld series? Look at my living room

76.jpg

What's that you're posing in front of?

Let alone the hardcover and sealed limited edition of this book in my room and of course, my sig.

I officially don't know you anymore, Pixietricks. :evil: