Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

I'm kind of hoping MM2 is omitted. There are about 50 billion remixes of stages 1-2, and stages 3-4 have perhaps the worst music of any Mega Man game ever from a remixing perspective.

I'm hoping that reverse psychology works on DarkeSword, so I'm going to ask that he PLEASE not pick Mega Man 4 Wily Stage 2.

I'm curious on 2 things:

1. For teams that did not turn in a mix, do they still get the bonus points for voting that week?

2. If a mixer does not turn in a mix on their round does that count as their turn, or would they still need to go before their teammates can go again?

Sounds like you don't have much faith in me, mate ;)

I'm curious on 2 things:

1. For teams that did not turn in a mix, do they still get the bonus points for voting that week?

2. If a mixer does not turn in a mix on their round does that count as their turn, or would they still need to go before their teammates can go again?

1. They didn't turn in a mix, so they won't earn any points that round. First place winner gets 5 points, second gets 3, third gets 2, and any other team that turns in a mix gets 1.

2. If you claim a round and then don't turn in a mix, that counts as your turn.

Hahaha oh no. I know Charge Man is gonna rock out tomorrow. I was thinking about what's happening with our 2 teams that didn't turn in mixes this round and what would happen with Cold Steel if they can't get ahold of Neko.

EDIT: Ah, thanks, DarkeSword for clarifying the issue there.

I assure you that you'll get one from me, and thus, from Energy Tank tomorrow.

Thoughts:

It's been quite a ride, creating my first remix and putting these two themes together, one which I was totally unprepared for (the current Wily Castle theme :mrgreen:), as will probably be evident. But it's been very fun, and I've learned a few things, albeit having to beat them in forcefully. :?

On one hand, I'm really happy about this remix I have, since it's something I finished, at last. On the other hand, I'm frustrated as heck that I couldn't get the whole idea out of my head and present it clearly. Furthermore, as I discovered, this Wily theme absolutely hates the genre(s) that I chose to try. :cry: Frost Man, though, seems to work well with anything!

... I see that, tomorrow, there'll be a gargantuan skill gap between myself and the others, but... nonetheless, I'm happy with how mine turned out, all things considered. Anyway, sorry for the long-windedness. I just want to say thanks in advance for the feedback, and I do hope you guys / gals enjoy. Thanks goes to my team to for helping me with their feedback as well! Looking forward to seeing what everyone else came up with!

With all that said, remix submitted!

Edit #2: Thanks, Sir_NutS, for the comment!

Edit #3: Fair warning: This mix is really downtempo. So, sorry, no epic solos or wailin' geetars here. Sorry. :(

On one hand, I'm really happy about this remix I have, since it's something I finished, at last. On the other hand, I'm frustrated as heck that I couldn't get the whole idea out of my head and present it clearly. Furthermore, as I discovered, this Wily theme absolutely hates the genre(s) that I chose to try. :cry: Frost Man, though, seems to work well with anything!

I am with you here frost man is one hell of a catchy song. As a matter of fact I've had the frost man theme stuck in my head this whole week for reasons I can't explain. Maybe a remix from me is in the horizon? anyways I'm Looking forwards to what you came up with.

And, I'm uploading now. And I want to be clear ahead of time, I'm only submitting anything at all because I don't want to cost the team any points by being a no-show.

This is f'ing shameful, sorry guys :-( I literally had no time this week at all, and when I finally did sit down I had the most frustrating music making experience of my life just trying to find any inspiration at all. It's breaking my heart that I couldn't come up with something for two of the best Mega Man themes out there, I tried my best but I didn't realize how impossible it would be to make a mix this week until I'd already committed.

So yeah, apologies in advance.