Final Fantasy XIII-2's Chobobo theme

KyleJCrb

Interesting arrangement, and pretty decent production overall, I liked the different take on this thee, and the vocal parts were an unexpected and pleasant surprise. I especially enjoyed the line "Choco-Rodeo".

Drumming was solid, and the guitars were serviceable, but it sounded a little boomy on the low end; you may want to increase the bitrate on the mp3, and also not use youtube to present your track.

What really prevents this from making it on OCR, however, is the overly liberal arrangement. It feels like you wrote a whole new song and slapped the chocobo melody in a few spots. The lyrics tie into the subject matter, but I feel the connection is too tenuous for me to feel comfortable passing. I'd like to hear a resub though, the concept of funny chocobo mixes that have lyrics seems like it might have merit, somehow.

No, resubmit

ps. i think the song is funny and cool. :-)

Even though it probably isn't, I sincerely hope this is a joke... my faith in Square-Enix is fading fast...

Your faith must be fading awfully slow if you're still holding any.

Also no, this is not a joke; it's actually on the soundtrack. There are also two other more traditional arrangements of the Chocobo theme on it, if that makes you feel any better.

Bwah?

I thought they'd taken the extremely negative reaction they'd had over their "vocal themes" way back when they were first shown to heart and decided to improve it...

Oh wait, this is Square Enix... I forgot they have a different idea of "listening" to the rest of the world...

Better than Capcom's idea of listening, which is to not do so. At all.

...the hell enix...

You literally have no idea why people enjoyed the earlier games do you?

For brutal tracks like this, Japanese Anime fashion, increasingly-mundane battle systems and faux epic plots that have no personal investment in them whatsovever?

Nah, they got the recipe down pat. The rest of the world just doesn't know what a good game is. Obviously.

For brutal tracks like this, Japanese Anime fashion, increasingly-mundane battle systems and faux epic plots that have no personal investment in them whatsovever?

Nah, they got the recipe down pat. The rest of the world just doesn't know what a good game is. Obviously.

I don't think you played FF13, but the battle system there was fun and fast paced; not mundane.

I don't think you played FF13, but the battle system there was fun and fast paced; not mundane.
*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

omg stagger - didn't finish it

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

*auto-battle*

Yeah, that was pretty much my experience. The biggest challenge was trial-and-error which was the best Paradigm for beating a given enemy. Then pouring all your points into whatever Paradigm was good for that area. Then grinding when you hit the next area so that that Paradigm you needed now was just as good.

I basically gave up six hours in once they made me control Hope, and ONLY Hope, after all he had done for the six hours prior was bitch and moan. You know, many people said it got really good once you got 20-25 hours in, but that's too much of a time investment for me to even consider the payoff enjoyable. Even playing WoW, when the first levels are kinda simple, the challenge is there from the get-go and ramps up pretty fast, and at least the story felt like you were an active part instead of just running from one corridor to another, autobattling the whole way.

I can understand some people liked it. I just didn't. Its still a great benchmark game for visuals on the PS3 (considering the amount of cutscenes I had to sit through, that's one of the reasons I was able to make it six hours in).

But getting back on track with the thread. CRAZY CHOCOBO. This is begging for a Scuba Divers cover, if ya know what I mean.