OCR01450 - Chrono Trigger "Subterranean Opus"

djpretzel

Any day that a zircon mix is posted is a happy day for The Xyco.

The atmosphere is great here, the percussion and strings really bring out the mood of the source tune. Five months of work shows itself. Of all the ReMixes and tracks I've heard from zircon, this one sounds significantly more crispy and clear.

zircon continues to flex his musical muscle, spitting out awesomeness after awesomeness. Keep it, I always love to hear more.

keke, I remember when you sent me this a long time ago :D so it's finished now huh? I never got around to finishing mine :oops: I'm currently taking mixing and mastering classes at my school; maybe I'll get around to redoing mine in the near future (but darn! you beat me to making the first undergound sewer remix on ocr! :cry:)

...anyways, great stuff! I really like the bells n' stuff at 3:02 and the mood and atmospheric changes throughout the whole song, the middleish part reminds me of sonic for some reason haha :roll:

I'll try to keep my nose clean.

Anytime I see a Zircon arrangment posted I get excited.

When All Hope Has Faded and Calamitous Judgment are two of my all time favorite mixes. This one is great as well. It's definitely Zircon style, very diverse; and always interesting. An excellent addition to his small but powerful stash of Chrono mixes. I especially loved the piano work at the end around the 3:40 mark.

Great work. Keep'em comin' :P

Another Zircon mix.

One thing i like with him is his ability to keep tle listener entertained throught the whole song. this mix is half epic half humorous in his mood -griibit!-

and the use of the truce hidden half the way is a good idea to boost the mix and continue the travel around the sewer

A nice work as usuall.

I must be very slow today, I just looked at this remix and thoight that djpretzel had submitted an another Chrono Symphonic remix, but then I realized that zircon wasn't on that project, so this must be something else. Then it hit me like a rain of frying pans. Your remix of the sewer theme had finally been finished!!!! 8O8O8O8O

I had followed much of the work with this piece, now I would at last hear the full version of it.

The first part of it was similiar sounding like your Calamitous Judgement, nice strings and arpeggios, followed by some more bells and other stuff. the hip piano that then took the lead softed up the ground so that the synth and beats would land softly. There can't really be a zircon remix without techno. :D

This whas now the moment of truth, how would the rest of the remix sound? When it came to 3:00, my jaw just fell onto my table and my eyes were wide open. I mean, IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I mean, the synths, the arrangement of the melody, the diffeent use of instruments along the ending melodies, bells, strings, I was simply filled with awe.

150% of 100%. Fenomenal remix, this is simply a must download.

Wow. This sounds v. good, with great production quality. It has a really cool sounds around 1:35, almost like samba or something. Hearing that progress into that fast-paced dance music was awesome. Damn good over all feel to it.

Another Zircon mix.

One thing i like with him is his ability to keep tle listener entertained throught the whole song. this mix is half epic half humorous in his mood -griibit!-

and the use of the truce hidden half the way is a good idea to boost the mix and continue the travel around the sewer

A nice work as usuall.

I am certainly entertained by this one. It's like one of those songs in a game that changes depending on where you are in a certain stage -- altering the tempo, or instruments, but keeping the same theme. The variability in this tune is what I think I love the most; before I realize it, the song is changing, and I gotta keep up, as if it's taking me on a tour. Five months of work culminated into something fantastic here; this is a great track.

Whenever I "remixed" this in my mind, it would always turn out to sound very much like this does. It's very awesome, and progresses to be very catchy. The element of mystery remains intact, if not tighter than in the original. The element of badass is higher than ever. :D

So, what do we have here...oh, just another CT ReMix.

That was what I was thinking when I saw it first. But then I actually listened to it.

It starts very nice, reminding me a little of the Adams Family or the Vampire castle in Grandia 1.

So I was ready for a nice good-mood ReMix, when the change at 1:24 came. It became darker, harder, but I could still hear some instruments from the first part. Then, at 1:55, it almost became industrial. And just as I thought I'm in for some heavy stuff...

...the sudden speed change at 2:35 came. O.M.G. I'm a sucker for fast music, and this definitely got me completely by surprise. I was blown away.

In the end, from 3:32 on, it returns to the beginning, therefore making a nice circle and bringing the mix to a good end.

Great work. Really, really good stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01450 - Chrono Trigger "Subterranean Opus"