OCR01465 - Sonic & Knuckles "Lover Reef"

djpretzel

Haven't listened to the song yet, but isn't this meant to go under Sonic & Knuckles? I can't remember the Lava Reef music being used in Sonic 3. :?

Nonetheless, a five way collab will definitely be interesting. I heard of its progress throughout the creation at the NYC "slumber party", and to see it reach the site should be a great time indeed. Props to all, and welcome to the clan Shonen Samurai :)

I dare say it's my favorite vocal arrangement. Both voices sound excellent. Female voice sounds beautiful and the male voice sounds like the lead singer from Simple Plan.

I do agree with Hamp especially concerning the piano solo. I was hungry for more.

I think high quality vocal mixes like this one are what could take this genre to the next level.

Very well done.

I was not aware that this was being made, but when I saw the list of remixers of this piece, I knew it had to come out of the NYC meetup. Fantastic job guys. Nice pick on the original piece too (not surprising from the guy whose alias is "SonicANS" and wore a Sonic shirt at the meetup ;) ). Hopefully remixers can use this piece as an example and come up with remixes that utilize the talents of multiple remixers.

Hahaha! Awesome!

This mix made me smile. A lot. And the story behind it just makes it that much cooler.

My only complaint is that Shonen's vocals aren't nearly up to the level of Pixie's in the first chorus. After that he's a bit more warmed up, though.

Thanks Andrew, Steve, Jill, Jeremy, for letting me in on this hot piece of pop. And thanks DJP for being memorably ridiculous.

WATCH THIS

Very nice...'grats to everyone involved. The only way this could've been better would've been if Shonen Shamurai had joined in on the action.

...That's Shonen singing the male vocals... And he was a major force in the lyric-writing, too.

Shonnen Shamurai is my evil clone (no, seriously).

I loved this mix. The singing blended bery well, and I did like that monotone rap halfway through. What amazed me the most was the timeframe in which this piece was constructed. One day is such a short period of time. To make a piece as excellent as this is a time as short as that is a testament to the skill of the participants.

A really sweet mix of a nice original. Taucer's guitar work is blazing awesome. The lyrics feel like they're a little forced to the melody, but they're cool nonetheless. The harmonies don't sound quite right sometimes, also.

Interesting note, pixie's part at 2:35-2:45 sounds really similar to the start of Hikaru Utada's Passion ~opening ver~ for the Kingdom Hearts II soundtrack.

I'm hooked.

As usual, Mr Taucer's guitar work pwned all, but pixie's singing was also great (and no Japanese this time!!!). The duet was cheese, as was the spoken vocals, but they blended well into the track. Definitely a keeper.

Cripes, I've now given 7s to the last two tracks released here :) Good work folks.

7 (>85%)

I had a dream last night before this mix was posted, that the girl I liked was playing the violin for me and singing this song.

It was a beautiful dream, and it's a tremendous coincidence that this mix would be posted the same day.

Then again, according to V, there are no coincidences.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01465 - Sonic & Knuckles "Lover Reef"