Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

And to clear up any worries about not "being good enough" or anything like that, don't worry about that. This isn't about winning and it's not about making the perfect song. At its core this competition is about learning, and practicing. It's unusual to finish a whole mix in a week, and all the polish involved, but this competition can help you start learning your own mental shorthand that could help you out a lot in the long run.

how long is "usual" time for a remix? i usually get like 3/4 through initially arranging a mix and then half assing the mixing and tacking on a placeholder ending by the time a round is up.

also, just saying, i miss the one (or was it two) hour compo, while never having taken part, i feel like it has its value in that youre forced to make all decisions on the fly and just make a quick song sketch. none of that magnum opus mindtrickery that we do with bigger projects.

Eh I'd let you have it because Basch's theme is also cool but I'll let the coin toss decide this one :P

OOOOH SNAP, Ladies and Gentleman! Our last challenger is in, which means we can start on Sunday at midnight EDT -- HOWEVER!!! A coin flip is needed, so I will be using a standard issue American quarter. I will allow one of you to choose heads or tails. If you win the coin flip, you get to keep your #1, but if you lose, you'll need to go to your second choice, and that hopefully won't lead to any other conflicts. x_x

So... HEADS OR TAILS?

First person to answer gets it!

EDIT: Just to make it super fair, we'll do best 2 out of 3 coin tosses.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Oh is this full now? I was just going to enter :sad:

We can hold you on retainer in case someone needs to drop out. I think that would be ok. Sorry you didn't get in, too slow! ;p

EDT is over. We're in EST now.

I got so used to saying EDT though. :cry:

Just waiting for one of the conflicting participants to claim heads or tails... the result will still be completely random anyway, but this should be a fun way to resolve it. :-)

OOOOH SNAP, Ladies and Gentleman! Our last challenger is in, which means we can start on Sunday at midnight EDT -- HOWEVER!!! A coin flip is needed, so I will be using a standard issue American quarter. I will allow one of you to choose heads or tails. If you win the coin flip, you get to keep your #1, but if you lose, you'll need to go to your second choice, and that hopefully won't lead to any other conflicts. x_x

So... HEADS OR TAILS?

First person to answer gets it!

EDIT: Just to make it super fair, we'll do best 2 out of 3 coin tosses.

wayt wut - who's flipping the coins? Was there a PM sent or do all of us need 2 call it?

If so, I call heads! (it better not be a double-sided coin :P)

Just waiting for one of the conflicting participants to claim heads or tails... the result will still be completely random anyway, but this should be a fun way to resolve it. :-)

Edited by HoboKa

Looks like I have maybe a 50/50 chance at having a chance of surviving the first round, so that's good.

Listening to the sources... this seems like it's going to be a lot harder than the Mega Man/Sonic/Street Fighter/etc. compos. Those all involved action-y sources within a fairly narrow range of intent. These range from ambient to epic to goofy. At least each opponent is in the same boat in this regard.