OCR00486 - Donkey Kong Country "Christmas Cave"

Ginnsu

Donkey Kong Country 'Christmas Cave'

I love what Deimos has done here. A very interesting melody, but don’t think that just because I say melody that it’s boring. This one keeps changing things up, and moves to a new feel, and then back again. Not for those who need high energy techno, or hard core rock to survive, I’ll admit, but calm soothing music has its charm as well. I love this piece, Deimos, great work.

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked the game dongkey kong country. I really enjoyed the second one too. Basically I played the game because I really enjoyed the music. For some dumb sappy reason I think videogames really had a lot to do with my creativity and have inspired a lot of my ideas that I come up with today. So I think it was really cool that someone did a remix of that. I just thought I'd like to share (nobody cares crabb_nebula, god, just get offline) sorry, well thanks anyway (god hates you)

:?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, this is slow enough for my liking. Even though... it seems a little too simple in some aspects. It would have been nicer had it been longer. Still a good listen though! Lots of piano, chimes, and what sounds like a xylophone type instrument. It would also remind one of wind whistling through chimes on a cool day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, peaceful is the word. Every time I listen to this tune I can just se the blue shiny background of those cool icy stages of donkey kong.(Like the hardest stages of the game :x because it takes a while to get to candy kong and save)Back to the music, its nice and smooth and I like how it slows down after a while :wink: .

• 1 month later...

Listening to this song is like breathing a fresh breath of icy winter air, and then going inside for the night to a warm fire and a cup of hot cocoa. I had to drive to school in the early, dark hours quite a bit this winter, and listening to "Christmas Cave" on the way made me feel better about it. This is good work: good instrumentation, arrangement, etc. But it's also just really nice.

• 5 months later...

Bells and piano? I LOVE bells and piano! :D

A beautiful and calm feel, I just wish the little bell solo was longer, but I got the piano and strings too, so I shouldn´t complain after all. But demi0s really succeded in giving the right place of the mix, an ice cavern with icicles hanging down from the ceiling, walls covered with a thin layer of ice and the floor filled with powder snow.

But I didn´t get that christmas feeling this song was based on, personally, I don´t celebrate christmas, I´m one of Jehovah´s witnesses, so luckily it´s not a big deal for me.

Great work demi0s!

... Wow. That's all I can say. This mix gives a completely different feel to the way you would look at ice caves, and that's usually a good feeling. Throughout the first half of this mix, it's almost an aw-inspiring mood that naturally flows through you, and jumps to a melody that gives an ice perspective to the whole thing. The later half feels like a collaction floating phrases that "does" feel like christmas only in space, which I like. Kudos on a piece that soothes the mind and gives a warm winter feeling, deim0s... I really hope you make more.

Final Grade: 9.5 out of 10

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Transitions were very awkward throughout, and the flow kept breaking, but the sounds used are pretty nice. The piano sounds good, and the pads add a nice atmosphere, even if they are a bit loud in the mix.

A good feeling mix that is crippled by those transitions. It's like 7 different 30-second-long mixes, and it should be just one. I can't get into this one, sorry.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00486 - Donkey Kong Country "Christmas Cave"