Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm happy to see items that change up the strategy of the game a little. It seems like they're really pushing that idea of setting "traps" and using strategies to lure your opponents towards certain areas ...

I can see some real interesting uses for the smoke.... I mean if you put that on a small ledge while someone is trying to recover, it could really mess with you... that is, if the smoke actually covers things well... I'm unsure if Sakurai has allowed the smoke to remain there relatively transparent so that we can see people are running around under the smoke, or if it is indeed relatively easy to see through.

I guess the more smoke balls and colors you have the more chaotic it would end up.

Aether looks damn good. Although it seems a bit like Kirby's Up + B... and I'd like to see a midair demonstration for recoveries... but beggars cannot be choosers.

Eruption seems somewhat vague. All I can make of the final screenshot is just a mess of fire. It doesn't even look like he has his sword out.

EDIT: Just noticed - he's plunging it into the ground! Sweet! Now the name actually makes sense.

EDIT 2: Hold on... if Aether's his Up B, then what's his Final Smash?...

So basically, he'll be a Marth clone with different animations. Eh, his attacks are different enough. Looks good.

This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters

Hopefully heavy characters don't all jump 30 feet into the air like Ike here.

So... does it seem to anyone else like Ike's Up+B is useless for recovery purposes? I mean, he seems to come down pretty hard there, whereas most other characters just attack on the way up and then freefall (making recovery much simpler).

So... does it seem to anyone else like Ike's Up+B is useless for recovery purposes? I mean, he seems to come down pretty hard there, whereas most other characters just attack on the way up and then freefall (making recovery much simpler).

oh hello kirby I did not see you there

EDIT 2: Hold on... if Aether's his Up B, then what's his Final Smash?...
Astra? Well, that would be copying Link quite a bit, but it would fit. That or Sol, where he sucks some energy from others.

I'm wondering if Soren's going to be an assist trophy at this point.

Yeah, works a lot like Kirby's it would seem. Purely vertical recoveries are not necessarily bad, especially as it looks like this one goes pretty damn high.

It just means you'll have to freefall to right by the edge then use Aether. No big deal.

Yeah, works a lot like Kirby's it would seem. Purely vertical recoveries are not necessarily bad, especially as it looks like this one goes pretty damn high.

It just means you'll have to freefall to right by the edge then use Aether. No big deal.

Maybe the second part of the move only works when it actually hits someone, otherwise he just rises.

Then again that could be mighty abusable by the opponent..