Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Has there ever been a stage where no characters from the game were available to play?
Battlefield and Final Destination immediately spring to mind. Unless you count hacking into Master Hand, of course. There's also some characters who had two stages (Ness) and some who technically had none (Fire Emblem?).

I can't imagine who they'd include as a character for Animal Crossing. The case has been made many times over already: every reasonable character from that game has appeared in the Smashville screenshots. Who would we control? Wendell? Assist trophies are even in question under these circumstances.

I like the Yoshi update. Wasn't expecting that.

I'm probably going to go into game detail lockdown after this week. It does seem to be reaching "spoiler territory" and I'd like to be caught off-guard by one or two things.

Battlefield and Final Destination immediately spring to mind.

If I'm not mistaken, those were simply original stages no? I'd guess his question was more along the lines of "has there ever been a stage derived from another game from which there was no character?"

Has there ever been a stage where no characters from the game were available to play?

Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be in Brawl. There were plenty of things in Melee that had no precedent in the original game. That said, I don't think a playable Animal Crossing character is unlikely.

I can't imagine who they'd include as a character for Animal Crossing. The case has been made many times over already: every reasonable character from that game has appeared in the Smashville screenshots. Who would we control? Wendell? Assist trophies are even in question under these circumstances.

How about using a Mii for ANimal Crossing character. Actually, I'd love it if instead of wire frames they have a bunch of Miis runnig around to beat up. Oh man, that'd be sweet.

How about using a Mii for ANimal Crossing character. Actually, I'd love it if instead of wire frames they have a bunch of Miis runnig around to beat up. Oh man, that'd be sweet.

I actually thought about that earlier today. I'd love to hear the announcer say Mii when you select it.

"Miiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!"

I actually thought about that earlier today. I'd love to hear the announcer say Mii when you select it.

"Miiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!"

hahahahaha :lol:

I didn't even understand until I tried belting it out in the announcer voice. Thats great.

I had the idea of unlocking your own specific Animal Crossing character from your copy of AC:WW by connecting your DS to your Wii via wireless connection. The character will have the appearance and name of your character in Animal Crossing, and could be updated to correspond to changes in your appearance in AC at any time simply by reconnecting the DS to the Wii.

If you do not have a DS or Animal Crossing, the character could be unlocked by playing against someone else's Animal Crossing character online, in which case you will gain access to that character (in terms of appearance and name). Similarly, an AC character could be saved onto the Wii controller or an SD card and transferred between machines.

That would actually kick ass if I could envision the standard Animal Crossing character actually fighting in any way, shape or form.

Oh wait... here it comes. Headbutts and twirly spin attacks for A moves, tools like shovel and slingshot for B moves, fishing rod for grab (catch 'em on a giant fish hook).

Best of all? Final smash: bug net. Like Link's Triforce attack, you ensnare one character so that--get this--a giant fuckin' swarm of bees descends upon them and stings them to hell and back.

Yes!

EDIT: Is it just me or do I start a lot of pages in very long threads?

I had the idea of unlocking your own specific Animal Crossing character from your copy of AC:WW by connecting your DS to your Wii via wireless connection. The character will have the appearance and name of your character in Animal Crossing, and could be updated to correspond to changes in your appearance in AC at any time simply by reconnecting the DS to the Wii.

I had the same idea and posted it many pages ago :)

Headbutts and twirly spin attacks for A moves, tools like shovel and slingshot for B moves, fishing rod for grab (catch 'em on a giant fish hook).

Best of all? Final smash: bug net. Like Link's Triforce attack, you ensnare one character so that--get this--a giant fuckin' swarm of bees descends upon them and stings them to hell and back.

I was thinking more:

B: Slingshot - A charged ranged attack.

>B: Net - A strong attack. Can reflect (like Ness' bat) if timed correctly.

^B: Fishing Rod - If you strike your opponent, it will grab them and draw them close to you. Also used as a tether recovery.

vB: Shovel - Digs your opponent into the ground, temporarily stunning them.

Final Smash: Golden Weapons - All of his B moves become temporarily faster and MUCH more powerful, both in terms of damage and knockback.

His attack-while-grabbing could be to shake the opponent like a tree.

I was thinking more:

B: Slingshot - A charged ranged attack.

>B: Net - A strong attack. Can reflect (like Ness' bat) if timed correctly.

^B: Fishing Rod - If you strike your opponent, it will grab them and draw them close to you. Also used as a tether recovery.

vB: Shovel - Digs your opponent into the ground, temporarily stunning them.

Heh, this sounds like an alternate moveset for link :P