Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Whoohoo giant bosses! I always had this joke idea for "Evil Smash Bros" where all the bosses are playable. Obviously, this is a horrendously stupid idea, as Mother Brain, Ridley, Andross, etc. would be outrageously overpowered and/or impossible to control. That, and almost all of them would be "slow yet powerful" characters.

Here's my new crazy idea: they could be non-playable bosses in Brawl. Of course, not all of them should be giant platformer-style bosses; then they would all be Master Hand remixes of "dodge huge attack, use best move, dodge, repeat." There would also be bosses that would offer a fight like any playable Brawler; these could be Dark Link, Dark Samus, Wolf O'Donnell, Dedede, K. Rool, Black Knight (FE:PoR), etc... they could be simple modified palette swaps or original characters. Again, none of these bosses would be playable, but they would provide an extra, or at least new, challenge. End of crazy ideas.

Also, perhaps the villainous playables are only unlockable after you save them (by brawling, of course) from the brainwashing of the Subspace Emissary... (Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Metaknight) It certainly would explain why they have the Halberd. Though the idea that they already stole it makes sense too.

Another also, I really hope they give each character a different storyline, even if it's only slight differences or a rearrangement of the level sequence.

The Ancient Minister kinda reminded me of someone, but it took a while for me to realize just who he resembled.

modea03_070821b-l.jpg

art_fawful02.jpg

Now, I'm not saying the Minister is Fawful (or that I even THINK he is Fawful), I'm just commenting on a slight resemblance.

But damn it, now I want Fawful in the game somehow. He was awesome. I HAVE FURY

Actually reminded me of Vivi from FF9.

It does indeed look like Peach and Zelda turn into trophies when the cages are smashed together. You'll notice Peach's hair is bright yellow (even with heavy motion blur) until the moment the cages are smashed together, when it turns grey-ish and dull.

I'm just wondering... why didn't Zelda teleport out of the cage??? Dummy =p

The first time I saw it, I naturally assumed the cannonball came from a SMB2 Doom Ship... or possibly Metaknight's vessel. But it looks like it comes directly from Petey.

That subspace SMB2 thing is kind of interesting... maybe there'll be some backwards blue and black levels in single player mode... naw, referencing the name is tribute enough ^^

Ridley in Brawl? I was rather convinced of that when the single player mode was announced (that, coupled with the Ridley theme song). Playable Ridley?? Well.... Charizard can fly, no? And, umm, is also a big powerful fire-breathing (I think) reddish dragon guy? The idea that Ridley "won't fit" as a Brawl character is completely dead - but IS he playable? I honestly can't say I want him to be playable - an amazing assist trophy or single player boss might suit him better.

I just realized that Subspace is also the name of that dark, mirrored place in SMB 2 that lies behind the doors the potions create. (If someone mentioned this pages and pages ago, I apologize.)

Very cool that the idea is being reused.

No, I think it's more likely that they're basing it on the 2D spaceship shooter from 1997. I'm guessing that the Javelin ship will be introduced as a playable character soon.

Yeah, whoever's talking about how they turn gray, it's just an effect of the lighting and distance. There's a dim shadow that gets cast over them because they're enclosed in the cage and it just gets more pronounced as they get further away and blurrier. They definitely still have some color vibrancy.

So I just came back from a trip to Texas where I got to get some good Smashing in. I got an opportunity to battle Caveman who was ranked at #20 out of the top 25 before people stopped using the National Power Rankings due to conflict over it... famous for the combo video "Enter the Cave" and also considered the best Young Link in the world for consistently bringing Young Link further in tournaments than anyone else. I never beat him against his good characters, but I always got it down to one stock. I also got a chance to battle Smiles who is an insanely good Peach. Out of a good handful of matches, I won a couple battles against him. From what he's told me, he's ranked about #6 in Texas or so... so I guess I'm not terrible at Melee. The two are clearly way better than me, but it's not bad for playing Melee for about a year and a half. SOS and a few other amazing Melee players were around, but I didn't get a chance to play them. Maybe next time...

So, I just saw something kind of odd in an IGN AU interview. You can see it here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/814/814126p1.html

Where the guy is talking about the games catered to "hardcore" gamers that are coming out, he mentions Smash Bros. Melee. Now, I'm assuming he just made a mistake and meant to say Brawl (especially since just before that he referred to Mario Kart Wii as Super Mario Kart). So, with that in mind, I'm worried because of the following quote:

Super Smash Bros. Melee is coming out, due for first quarter next year

Is it possible that Brawl was delayed to next year, they haven't announced it yet, and Greg let it slip? Or did I just miss something entirely?

Is it possible that Brawl was delayed to next year, they haven't announced it yet, and Greg let it slip? Or did I just miss something entirely?

Maybe that's the Australian release? I hope? I'm almost CERTAIN they'd want it out before Christmas.

So, I just saw something kind of odd in an IGN AU interview. You can see it here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/814/814126p1.html

Where the guy is talking about the games catered to "hardcore" gamers that are coming out, he mentions Smash Bros. Melee. Now, I'm assuming he just made a mistake and meant to say Brawl (especially since just before that he referred to Mario Kart Wii as Super Mario Kart). So, with that in mind, I'm worried because of the following quote:

It's delayed until the first quarter of 2008 in Europe. The american launch date is still December 3rd.

It's delayed until the first quarter of 2008 in Europe. The american launch date is still December 3rd.

Glad to hear that for me. Sorry for you however. :|

Now where the F*** is the freaking update? I've been clicking refresh for half an hour like an antsy cracked up hobo without a fix.

And just to help pass the time, you gonna enter the first new FAC atma?